Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jacob's Roll Hunting Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 361 / Views: 20,960Next Topic
Page: of 25
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin with a pig is probably a Bermuda cent.
"So how did pigs come to Bermuda? It is said that the previous visitors to the island had left these pigs to breed so that they could be a ready supply of food for passing ships, in case of emergency. This episode of Bermuda pigs had a long lasting impact in Bermuda and got referred later even in their currencies as Bermuda Hogs"
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you gsr12010 for the information; that is very cool information. I am probably getting another box of cents today also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I have not been on here much lately, I have been busy, my great aunt has been in and out of the hospital; I have searched a few rolls of cents (I still have around $100 in rolled cents to search, as I have been so busy, I have been picking up the coins, but I have not really opened that many rolls). I also have $40 in nickels to still search; I did search two dime rolls ($10), and I found a silver 1964 dime (from the gas station). Also sadly Jen, one of the people who sold me coins all of the time at the gas station, just got a new job (at a bank in Illinois); I will really miss her. At least my friend Arden is still there, Joe is not there as far as I know, his child passed away, and he has been struggling with drinking ever since then. So basically two out of the three people at the gas station who sold me coins have left. It has been stressful for me lately.
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear all that. Hopefully things will improve.
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been hoarding rolls of cents from that I get from the bank and the gas station; so far, I have $180 in coins to search (mostly cents); I have been busy with school, so that is why I have not been on here lately. I may or may not start to open those rolls today, as I am very tired, I had a busy day at school today. When I am $50 into searching the rolls, I will post an update. So far, the coin shortage seems like it is over around me also, which is good.
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
School comes first.

When you get a chance to search, good luck!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9218 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once in a while, I sort copper; but mainly I look for wheat cents.
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also I have thought about keeping some zinc cents and copper cents aside, and having one container for zinc cents, and one container for copper cents. I also must turn in some cents to the bank, so I can get more boxes of cents. I think I will keep some cents also though. Also yesterday afternoon, I picked up two boxes of cents from the bank, one box is a Loomis box, and another is a Brinks box. I will do an experiment, and see which company has more wheat cents. I am guessing Loomis will win, but I will not know until the experiment is complete.
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to kept bright red Zinc cents as I found then, going back to the late 1980s until just a few years ago. I only have a few tubes worth. Not sure why I kept them other than the fact that bright red Zincolns will eventually disintegrate if left to circulate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am going to possibly open the Loomis cent box first tonight or tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9218 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also I have thought about keeping some zinc cents and copper cents aside, and having one container for zinc cents, and one container for copper cents. I also must turn in some cents to the bank, so I can get more boxes of cents. I think I will keep some cents also though. Also yesterday afternoon, I picked up two boxes of cents from the bank, one box is a Loomis box, and another is a Brinks box. I will do an experiment, and see which company has more wheat cents. I am guessing Loomis will win, but I will not know until the experiment is complete.

I'm sensing that you have a lot of common sense on your Lincoln cents
Please keep us updated on your Loomis/Brinks robbery umm experiment
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am going to possibly open the Loomis cent box first tonight or tomorrow.
Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I ended up opening some other rolls that I had laying around (cent rolls), and found some wheat cents, a few Canadian pennies, and some 2009's. I don't know the exact count, as I put all of them in a special bag for keeper coins. I still plan on doing the Loomis vs. Brinks experiment sometime soon, but I have been super busy; I also feel like I may be getting sick, and we have a lot of plans this weekend, so I hope that I start to feel better very soon.
Page: of 25 Previous TopicReplies: 361 / Views: 20,960Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: