Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Far Back Can We Go? Sixth Edition!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,646 / Views: 272,071Next Topic
Page: of 444
Learn More...
United States
23752 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a Kreutzer from the Austrian Duchy of Vienna dated AD 1484. The two-digit date is on the reverse, with the number four looking like a ribbon.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5425 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a short run of these Florentine grossi in the early '80s.

This one, datable to the first half of 1483, symbol of mintmaster Cante di Giovani di Cante Compagni in the crook of Saint John's arm. MIR 62/44

Edit: Oops! I thought we were doing one year per day. Sorry for jumping the gun.
Edited by tdziemia
05/27/2022 12:33 pm
Learn More...
United States
23752 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice one @tdz!
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3964 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins, good to see the thread come back to life.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
23752 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another Austrian Kreutzer. This one is dated AD 1483 (again just using the last two digits) and was minted in Graz:

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
23752 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we are probably good to drop back now as it has been a day and a half since the last coin for 1483 was posted. Please let me know @jubuck if you are wanting to give folks even more time to contribute. Thx.

Here is a Half-Schwertgroschen from the Electorate of Saxony. It was minted in Zwickau with the date of 1482 AD.
I suppose if I don't do a better job with protecting it compared with a previous owner, then this will end up being two Quarter-Schwertgroschen. The two-digit date is visible on the reverse at about 11 o'clock. Interestingly the number 2 is significantly smaller in size than the number 8.

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please let me know @jubuck if you are wanting to give folks even more time to contribute. Thx.
I think the standard 24 hour window is good. I do hope anyone who wants to post something this old is watching this topic.

However, as long as everyone is okay with it, we can allow a one-day catch-up window if someone happens to miss their chance.
Learn More...
United States
23752 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do hope anyone who wants to post something this old is watching this topic.

Yes especially @collects82, as it is only one day in a hundred that he can contribute to this thread! I'll message them if we don't see a 1482 post in the next day or so.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes especially @collects82, as it is only one day in a hundred that he can contribute to this thread! I'll message them if we don't see a 1482 post in the next day or so.
Learn More...
United States
23752 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dm sent.

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
Learn More...
United States
23752 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2022  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm nothing from @collects82. Should we continue to wait or move on to 1481?
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5425 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last Florentine coin (unless we make it to 1405
Another grosso, this one dateable to 1482:

Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hmm nothing from @collects82. Should we continue to wait or move on to 1481?
I say move on to 1481. If he sneaks in today or tomorrow I will allow it.
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
Page: of 444 Previous TopicReplies: 6,646 / Views: 272,071Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: