Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Zegers/Winograd Project - 2013 * Note Duplicate Serial Number Project To Find Matched Pairs

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 315 / Views: 53,693Next Topic
Page: of 21
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @andresteven!!
Learn More...
United States
120847 Posts
Valued Member
United States
340 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I was submitting around 20x of my 2013 star notes and after I was done. I downloaded the Excel data sheet to see the list. I think I have a match but I haven't been notified yet.
Am I correct or not?

Here's a pic of my note:

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2022  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi @Luckyrollers
I looked at the new Project's website and did see the Matching note B*08417917 - FW note listed to a W10yi
However, I did not see your note listed there, from DC
I would check and see if your site registration, and submissions went through or not.
I have nothing to do with that project, for numerous reasons, so I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you on that.
He does have a link, or email address to contact him directly, maybe you would want to do that, and ask Johnny directly.
Congratulations on your find, hope it works out for you!!!!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2022  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where the heck are you all finding $100 packs of 2013B Star Notes?

Luck has struck, someone who was collecting these, has made his own matched pair, and he decided to sell the rest of his un-matched notes. He had 5 BEP packs, came to my town on other business last week, we had an opportunity to meet in person, and I was able to buy his 5 BEP packs and add them to my collection now. I'm truly grateful that he reached out to me, and that I was able to give his notes a new home!

Don't know if I'll ever get that lucky again, but I'm still trying!!.
Valued Member
United States
340 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2022  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi @Luckyrollers
I looked at the new Project's website and did see the Matching note B*08417917 - FW note listed to a W10yi
However, I did not see your note listed there, from DC
I would check and see if your site registration, and submissions went through or not.
I have nothing to do with that project, for numerous reasons, so I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you on that.
He does have a link, or email address to contact him directly, maybe you would want to do that, and ask Johnny directly.
Congratulations on your find, hope it works out for you!!!!

Thanks Snoopy!!! I hope I can something with this one bc the first one went into a dark hole and never saw light LOL

Here is my first match:

Its funny how you say that to make sure the submission went through bc there were some numbers that I didn't see in the data sheet when I was done with the submission.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2022  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@LuckyRollers
On that first match did you try going through Karol from the original project to contact that person? It looks like he had it listed with ? Marks.
Or was it one of many, who listed the note, then they never responded to the contact information they left? Maybe they sold it?
Valued Member
United States
340 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2022  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@snoopydoo,
The 1st match was from the 2nd project. We were actually emailing each other but she kind of stopped replying after June, saying that she needed time to think about what to do next. I emailed her twice after that and the latest reply was last week but she has not replied back.

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2022  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penniless to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 1st match was from the 2nd project. We were actually emailing each other but she kind of stopped replying after June, saying that she needed time to think about what to do next. I emailed her twice after that and the latest reply was last week but she has not replied back.

I've had those exact same results... twice. Seems the hype has most afraid they are leaving a fortune on the table so will not make a deal of any kind which is unfortunate for both parties.
Valued Member
United States
340 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2022  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've had those exact same results... twice. Seems the hype has most afraid they are leaving a fortune on the table so will not make a deal of any kind which is unfortunate for both parties.

So you also hit it 2x like me too? Nice. It sooo sad that they are not willing to do anything. I mean, that person still loose if they dont do anything. Its not worth anything unless it's matched. So why not just send it to the 3rd party and sell it. Take the money and buy the next match with that money.

I'll keep you all posted on my results and also, I received an email that I do have a match and I sent in the pictures to the admin already.

Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2023  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheSerialFlorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The perseverance, organization, knowledge and passion required to do this is astounding.kudos to you and all who have participated. And it wasn't about the money but about the achievement. I submitted five, hopefully something will match!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a quick update, I'll post here and on the other related thread.

It looks like we will finally get to see a pair go up for Auction on Heritage. I saw on another site, (TreasureNet.com), there will be a pair in the May 3rd-5th, 2023 CSNS Currency Signature Auction, and pre-bidding will start April 14th, 2023. It looks like the graded pair came out as 40EPQ/25VF, it also appears it belongs to two people, as it's called the Kaiser, Uhler Pair.

It will be nice to see a sale other than eBay, I wish them the best of luck!!
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2023  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chellebelle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1$ STAR NOTE
2013 B
NEW YORK
B09526716*
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2023  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chellebelle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1$ STAR NOTE
NEW YORK
B09526716*
Learn More...
United States
120847 Posts
Page: of 21 Previous TopicReplies: 315 / Views: 53,693Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: