Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 774 / Views: 47,404Next Topic
Page: of 52
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1127 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2022  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, hfjacinto, the sharing of your beautiful fractional notes has finally spurred me to add a fractional note type set to my collection . I have already added a new Excel spreadsheet for those, with the notes broken down by Friedberg design numbers, and I'll soon be shopping for my first examples...

My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5374 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2022  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hokie,

Happy to have bullied you into starting the fractional set.

Coming on here many will bully you into completing one set and then another. It's sadly the the way it is. I can't wait to see your set. Based on your excellent taste the set will surely be impressive!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1127 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2022  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto, it was probably just a matter of time, anyhow; you just helped me along my journey!

I have a good friend down in Houston I worked with for many years. We were both fairly serious coin collectors, much to the chagrin of our co-workers (we got used to the rolling of eyes when we were showing each other our latest acquisitions!). We pushed and challenged each other, and because of that I think we both became better and more knowledgable collectors.

That's the thing I like about this forum - it has definitely helped me become more knowledgable in the 11 months or so I've been here, and it's also helped me gain an appreciation of other areas of collecting that I'd not really thought much about before.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5374 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2022  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Hokie,

Yes I'm in agreement, it was 5/11/2020 when I started this thread and its now 49 pages long and as today I have 223 Notes. This place is like Girl Scouts selling Cookies at a weight watchers convention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2022  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hfjacinto, congrats on that beautiful 1374. I've been looking for that note for a long time as well. Really a great way to top off your type set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5374 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@captiancoffee

Thank you! Your approval was important! I'm happy to have gotten it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha, ha. Not sure you need my approval for a 1374 in a PMG 55EPQ sleeve. That's a beauty.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5374 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a major addition, but an addition none the less (and I didn't have any $1 Federal Reserve Star Notes). I actually won this note in a contest, its CU with pretty nice embossing. If I had gotten this in change I would have spent it but considering its CU, going to save it for the long term.

Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71660 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fun serial number as well!
Valued Member
United States
246 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set. Just came across this thread and had a nice time browsing through the pages. I mainly collect coins but have a decent amount of currency as well, so it's always nice to see other collections. Well done.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5374 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2022  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Speed Demon!! I eventually want to add a few more large sized bites but I'm working on 2 coins sets so this one will have to wait!
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
960 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only skimmed through these 49 pages, but I liked your photos of banknotes.
Great collection.
I have heard that there is army money. Are you planning to collect them ?
I'm also curious to know where did you get these red boxes for your banknotes?I also need it for banknotes and similar boxes for 2x2 of my coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3812 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm also curious to know where did you get these red boxes for your banknotes?I

I bought mine from Wizard. https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/pr...cy-supplies/
Page: of 52 Previous TopicReplies: 774 / Views: 47,404Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: