Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Musicians On Coins - Post Your Examples

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 79 / Views: 3,376Next Topic
Page: of 6
Learn More...
United States
116157 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1980 Marian Anderson Half-Ounce Gold Medallion
Lovely example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2365 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Austria, 2 Schilling, 1932, Commemorating the 200th Birthday of Josef Haydn.

Austria, 25 Schilling, 1962, Commemorating Anton Brucker.

Austria, 50 Schilling, 1967, Commemorating 100 years of the Blue Danube Waltz.

Learn More...
United States
116157 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25236 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Austrian silver!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2365 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently added three coins featuring Russian composers to my collection: a 1989 1 Ruble coin commemorating Mussorgsky (1839-1881), a 1990 1 Ruble coin commemorating Tchaikovsky (1840-1893), and a 1991 1 Ruble coin commemorating Prokofiev (1891-1953).

Learn More...
United States
116157 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8233 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I recently added three coins featuring Russian composers to my collection

Nice! Congrats on the recent acquisitions!

I have a couple of Russian commemorative coins in my collection, but don't actively pursue them all. My coins commemorate history that is common to the US and Russia.

As I've searched over the years, I've found the Russian collector coins to generally be well-designed and well-executed. Good stuff!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
08/02/2022 11:08 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8233 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a pair of anonymous, entry-level musicians featured on two of the three coins of the 1995 US Civil War Battlefields coin program.

The gold Half Eagle ($5.00) depicts a Civil War bugler on horseback, blowing his bugle and sounding a call to the troops.

The CuNi-clad Half Dollar presents a young Civil War drummer in full uniform.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The CuNi-clad Half Dollar presents a young Civil War drummer in full uniform.

...and they would march into battle with the troops...many were children as young as 10yo.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
2365 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Were drummers just for morale or also to drum signals?
Learn More...
United States
116157 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a pair of anonymous, entry-level musicians featured on two of the three coins of the 1995 US Civil War Battlefields coin program.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8233 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2022  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another coin with an anonymous drummer featured in its design, this one's from Canada: 2006 Fortress of Louisbourg $10 silver coin.

Military drummers in the 18th century were a communications tool for soldiers. The different beats of the drum signaled actions for the soldiers during battle and while garrisoned. Some, but not all, drummers had the talent/musical ability to play more than military calls with their drumming.

For more on this coin, check out:

- 2006 Fortress of Louisbourg $10 Silver Coin

Learn More...
United States
116157 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's another coin with an anonymous drummer featured in its design, this one's from Canada: 2006 Fortress of Louisbourg $10 silver coin.
A beautiful example!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25236 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2006 Fortress of Louisbourg $10 is one great design!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2365 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Emailed the US Mint earlier today to suggest American artists (Musicians, Composers, Poets, etc.) for a new Quarters program.
Got an email back stating they keep it in mind. Yay!
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 79 / Views: 3,376Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: