Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Age Group Are You In?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 68 / Views: 5,383Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4126 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like I moved into the next age bracket since I last replied. 34-38
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  03:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
34-38 for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
732 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
64-68 for me.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Uzi9shooter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
54-58 range. Don't feel like it though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1779 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I turned 18 late last year, so I fall into the 13-18 category. It seems like coin collecting subdues during the mid-life crisis, the numbers dwindle within that age group.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10502 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like I moved into the next age bracket since I last replied

I'm about to do so next month as well.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2394 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm grateful to make it to sixty-one, soon to be sixty-two. My goal is to keep making trips around the sun.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It seems like coin collecting subdues during the mid-life crisis, the numbers dwindle within that age group.

@jacrispies, I was a very avid collector from around age 8 until around age 30, then I put the hobby aside for a number of years. Work, raising a family, and other priorities pushed it away, as well as the loss of my collection in a robbery around 1987. That last thing was sort of the nail in the coffin. So, not really a mid-life crisis thing (I handled that by buying a sports car ), but just life in general.

I started afresh around 1999 when the State Quarters were first issued. I started picking up proof sets and the odd type coin, and over the next decade my interest started gradually coming back. Then I met a fellow coin collector at work in 2012, and it seemed things exploded at that point and I got back all my old enthusiasm and passion for our hobby. Plus, my financial situation had vastly improved by that point - kids all finished with college and "off the payroll" for one thing - so I could afford to acquire some of the coins I'd only dreamed about back in my early days of collecting!

Now, I've been retired for over 5 years and I have all the time in the world to enjoy this wonderful hobby.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 68 / Views: 5,383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: