Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

PCGS Slab Tightness.

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,104Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
804 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grape, if they are grading 300,000 per month then there are 2 issues; firstly with that much practice they shouldn't be making such silly mistakes and secondly with that volume they should have a huge range of inserts to suit a range of thicknesses and diameters. Another issue that comes into play is quality control where the finished product is checked for any issues, not just a rattling coin but chipped slabs, wrong denomination, wrong mint, wrong variety and wrong country (and yes I have had multiple slabs with all these problems).
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
956 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was browsing and enjoying my coins and discovered a similar plastic defect on a brand new purchase. There are already 2 chips there. Unfortunately, I can't figure out when they were received. Before the purchase or after they fell into my hands. The photos of the site do not clearly show this place. Slab of the new generation.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone gets curve balls thrown at them during their life...how you react is what's important...ask them to re-slab the coin. If they refuse, you deal with it.

KK
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,104Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: