Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two 2021 P Tuskegee Airmen Quarter Struck Through

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 3,823Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did look at the prices that sold on ebay but wanted to get yalls opinion. Thanks!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58734 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like damaged Feeder Finger Damage to the die on this coin. Just a die event. Eventually the die will be polished off and the whole die will be weaker with shorter/smaller devices. Possibly not even be noticed. (even the incuse marks will be weakened on the reverse outer ring. Premium? I would not think so. The ones selling these are taking making money on something the buyer will regret later that he purchased it.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58734 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With it incuse, it maybe struck though debris that happened during the strike. On the FFD, the affected areas area raised as the die was plowed on those areas. (raised/lowered marks into the die, raised/lower on the coin.)

On this roll of coins, I only found two like this in that roll. I feel it was something on the die and left with the second coin what ever it was. So if you found only two that might explain what happened to your coin?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45719 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Start at 99 with free shipping. If they sell you rack up points.99 is not a lot to lose for the buyer who wants one. I personally would only pay 25.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But there are alot of these same error coins floating around. How would this not be considered an error? It's not just the 2 I found.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn did you merge the 2 topics together? If so thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45719 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is that with or without Shipping costs?

With free shipping of course.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are really popular strikethroughs in that area typically called "burning tower" , smoking window, or with other names like Reverse Bombed Building Die Gouge. Some have feeder finger scrapes and die chips as well. I saw some sell for up to $100-150.as they can change the building look to one of a burning, smoking or bombed building and are one of the coolest looking errors recently that people seem to really desire because of its placement on the coin. See 8:49.

u9GUUwNZzOU
Edited by datadragon
07/01/2022 11:57 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 3,823Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: