Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Coins And Banknotes Of Fiji!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 247 / Views: 11,252Next Topic
Page: of 17
New Zealand
13 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jvrnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next up are the Elizabeth I 10 shilling notes (52a- 52e). Again some better than others!

Learn More...
United States
113400 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Next up are the Elizabeth I 10 shilling notes (52a- 52e). Again some better than others!
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1686 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
& it would be great to see some of those notes on the world paper thread on Fiji too (@jvrnz or @Princetane)!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3939 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, I have nothing like jvrnz.

Mine are mostly Decimal and they are on the Paper threads and even on Numista too.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
759 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic collection, jvrnz
New Zealand
13 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jvrnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Next are Elizabeth II 5/- notes. P51a to 51e. Again, some better than others; I'm always looking to upgrade when I can!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1686 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113400 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Next are Elizabeth II 5/- notes. P51a to 51e.
Very nice!
New Zealand
13 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jvrnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apologies for the variable quality of the images I have posted, some are ones I took & others from the sellers I purchased from.
Does anyone have 37g (5/- 1/1/46) or 37h (5/- 1/9/48) ? as I have never seen them & wondering if they really exist! I will post my other George VI notes soon as I get bit more time.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3939 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You don't have to apologise for anything, your images if anything have made this thread much more complete and we thank you for it.

It was interesting many of the tropical colonies had 5 shilling notes when Britain and the Dominions like NZ, Aus, SA etc started with a 10/- note. My guess is it was for natives who were paid in cash and often 5/- was about a days labour.

Also I suspect many walked around in folds of cloth, loincloths, lapcloth lava lava like garments and saris which did not have pockets, so numbers of coins were not an option.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1686 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does anyone have 37g (5/- 1/1/46) or 37h (5/- 1/9/48) ? as I have never seen them & wondering if they really exist!

Not sure about P-37h but 37g was added to the banknotemuseum:
http://www.banknote.ws/COLLECTION/c.../FIJ0037.htm
Would be worth pursuing if as it appears as if P-37h must indeed be scarce.
New Zealand
13 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jvrnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are my George VI pounds and 5 pound (only have one). More gaps here. Again, the images are variable.

Learn More...
United States
113400 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here are my George VI pounds and 5 pound (only have one).
Nice examples!
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
759 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A wonderful collection.
New Zealand
13 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jvrnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind comments. Here are my George VI 10/- notes. Missing f, g & h.

Some are pretty grubby but they are hard to find.
Page: of 17 Previous TopicReplies: 247 / Views: 11,252Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: