Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

On A Scarce 1963 Klaes Booklet

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,037Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1969 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  9:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
On my 400th post

I got this book today from my uncle who does not deal in coins, so he gave it to me. He got it from his friend who had a major coin collection who passed away several years ago in which all of his friends coin books were given to him, and then to me, which amounted literally to a small library worth of coin books.

There is a shocker in this set of pics in that there was a loose sheet of paper listing all the Klaes 51 Morgans price guide from 1963, and oh how cheap they were...

PS, I also collect books.
Edited by mrwhatisit
06/27/2021 9:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2867 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I still could get them for those prices. And sell the melt ones up when silver was at 40 an ounce in the early 80s.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1969 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To revive...
I am rather surprised this is literally one of the only mentions of this book on CCF , and Klaes was only mentioned just two/three other times. One would think at least a few others here would have this booklet . I am suspecting that there was only a print run of only a few thousand copies, and now probably less than a thousand are in existence today. So rare this is!

Someone else said this book is out of print which I agree with, but the legacy lives on vamworld.
Edited by mrwhatisit
05/11/2022 08:14 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is awesome! That seems to be a super rare book! It's great it was passed to you, someone who really appreciates it! I love old books as well but the only old ones related to numismatics I have is the 1929 original print and 1964 reprint of M.L. Beistle A Register of Half Dollar Varieties and Sub Varieties. Old books, what great pieces of history! Congrats on a great piece!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice book...always good to peruse primary information.

KK
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,037Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: