Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You Listen To A Specific Music Artist Or Band While Coin Searching?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 166 / Views: 7,517Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3324 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I listen to a loop of The Beverly Hillbillies theme. Black gold. Texas tea.

I'll listen to it on loop for 15 minutes tomorrow (or on break tonight if I have time....it's raining tonight) maybe this will give me a bit of insight to the mind of coinfrog....
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4394 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been watching these videos by Todd in the Shadows about the worst songs of 1976. The year I was born and I can't disagree more. Does anyone remember these beauties.

Shannon by Henry Gross -(Yes its about a dog that has died). The dog belonged to Carl Wilson of the Beach Boys

Disco Duck by Rick Dees (Voted the worst song of all time, but I just love it - the duck noises make me laugh and its so catchy).

Let your love flow by the Bellamy Brothers - incredibly camp and funny

Convoy by C.J. McCall - It has a person in it called "Rubber Duck" that is enough for me

If you leave me know by Chicago - I actually think this is beautiful

Shop around by Captain and Tennille - Okay that is pretty bad and she has an awful "Mushroom" style haircut

Afternoon delight by Starland Vocal Band - Again very silly, but unbelievably catchy and the least sexy people of all time singing this song.

A Fifth of Beethoven - Boy do I love disco - especially mid 1970s "Symphodisco" rather than late 1970s synthesised disco.

Better songs from the years of my birth

Love Machine - The Miracles (Probably 75, but I live in NZ and things were released late)

You'll never find another love like mine - Lou Rawls (Lou is da man!)

I want you - Marvin Gaye

Fernando - Abba

Love Hurts - Nazabareth (Just to prove to you all I listen to more than disco)

Fooled around and feel in love - By ? Another 70s get down and natural type song

Everything on Songs in the Key of Life

Moonlight feels right - Starbuck (Probably late 75 again)

Hold back the night - The Tramps

I like to boogie - T Rex

That will hold me for a while.

I love COINS!!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3324 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  03:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the list princetane, should keep me busy for a while, I'll let you know how bad they are.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4082 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I don't search coins. I listen to this at least once when I'm looking at mine. I'm not done yet. but I think it sums up my collecting journey
w019MzRosmk
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1150 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...the worst songs of 1976. The year I was born and I can't disagree more. Does anyone remember these beauties.

Remember them? Heck, I can still sing along to most of those songs! The summer of '76 I was 17 years old, had just starting dating the girl who became my wife 4 years later, and summer evenings were spent hanging out with friends and listening to the AM radio.

There are a few stinkers on that list (I didn't like Captain and Tennille even back then - I still cringe when I hear "Muskrat Love" ), but most are actually not that bad. Or maybe I'm just getting old...

I still listen to Chicago now and then and "Love Hurts" by Nazareth is on my regular playlist, though I prefer the version by Emmylou Harris and Gram Parsons. Actually, the majority of your list I have in my digital music library.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
07/19/2022 9:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3324 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
While I don't search coins. I listen to this at least once when I'm looking at mine. I'm not done yet. but I think it sums up my collecting journey

Your collection must be classy enough to get up and dance with while your admiring them lol.

I didn't get a chance to do any searching earlier so maybe a couple songs tonight at work.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeTime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends who gets to pick. My kiddo likes the tv playing in the background and actually likes the hgtv home improvement shows. I like to have my playlist playing on random.
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure about listening while searching coins, but I have acquired a wide variety of tastes in music over the years so it depends what someone likes to begin with to suggest others...

VWf8CXwPoqI

ErvgV4P6Fzc

89dGC8de0CA

tR8Ljo0xZjg

TG8Ect3Xn7w

6JUbFj0BIc4

N0x1Rr6fxvQ

V1bFr2SWP1I

jY8DLFy31Bg

wsrvmNtWU4E
Edited by datadragon
08/05/2022 4:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3324 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@datadragon, that is one heck of a list. I haven't had much chance to do much with my coins lately let alone free time. I haven't even started that list but think I will like the vibe of those specific songs in order. If I can find time in Africa I'll work a bit more in princetanes list. I'll most likely be absent from the forum for the most part from the 8th to the 23rd. I may pop in a bit but if I happen to come by some coins to search while I'm over there I will definitely have some free time to listen and search.

I'll be in Amsterdam for a few hours and then Johannesburg for 3 days after that off to Eswatini for 5 days. I'll definitely come back with some rands and some Eswatini coins but I wonder if I'll find anything else. Not sure if coin shops etc in Johannesburg.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3324 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I decided to hit each link to youtube you sent @datadragon... I was curiouser if they would all play at once..... They did.... If you want to mess up you eardrums play all those songs at one time hahaha.... I may have broke my phone:p
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Wrekkdd Enjoy your trip and happy coin hunting! You can make playlists of songs on youtube if desired by the way if you were not aware so that you dont destroy your eardrums playing all at once lol. You can also combine with other songs from others here you liked into one playlist.https://www.howtogeek.com/678334/ho...-on-youtube/ The first song and the metallica enter sandman halloween light show you might enjoy the video part to watch also. Not sure why the first has an age log in as its just video of humans doing awesome things.

8SbUC-UaAxE

EZxO7Uy2E-g

e-ORhEE9VVg

And just for fun:

IbL3NfWJUQs

Edited by datadragon
08/07/2022 8:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1878 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't really listen to music while crh, but if I did, Beethoven's 1822-24 symphony #9, 4th movement at around 24 minutes long would be one, Maurice Ravel's 1925 the child and the spells to Colette's storyline woul come to mind ...
Edited by mrwhatisit
08/07/2022 11:01 pm
Canada
0 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Summoner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haiduk - Morph [melodic black metal]

uNQ1-hyWLxo
Learn More...
United States
116536 Posts
Canada
0 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2022  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Summoner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, jbuck!
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 166 / Views: 7,517Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: