Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Pictures Of Low Mintage Coins In Terrible Condition

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 152 / Views: 9,734Next Topic
Page: of 11
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This Yowie has had a hard life. (Mintage ~500K)
Nice example!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2001 Western Australia 20c.

Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another NCLT 20 cent coin that didn't fare well in the wild. 2017 Australian Active Service Medal.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
581 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MMM.... where do you find these write-off's..... really?
That is one trashed NCLT!

and Princetane

Quote:
Our $1 and $2 coins are aluminium bronze like Australia, but are manufactured at Llantrisant, Wales.

Our tiny tinpot country can't make anything by itself!

c'mon...of course you guys do....
how about L&P?.....and....ummm....and....puha & pakeha?....oh and you make good lamingtons using the australian recipe.....
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  02:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was referring to minting our own coins and printing banknotes. Puha and Pakeha - really is it like 1962 or something.

That song was the height of racial offensiveness. It may strike you to know that white Englishmen were practicing cannibalism too, as late as the 6th century AD. Deposits in an abandoned Roman Villa found human bones with cut marks believed to date from the battle of Maldon Hill in 556AD.

There are also rumours that Dinaric hill tribes in Croatia and Serbia were eating humans as late as 1910.

Finally we invented the Lamington cake in 1881 - the Australians copied it and gave it the name lamington in 1900.

We at least have a space programme now and we make a lot of meat and wool products that compete with Australia on the world stage. Our Sauvignon Blanc also has a global reputation.
Edited by Princetane
08/22/2022 02:58 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
581 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  04:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL...sorry Princetane....no offence meant re P&P. Don't know the song from the 60's, my first wife told me about it in the late 70's when we lived near Pyes Pa out of Tauranga.
Sorry I touched a nerve with the lamo's.!

And just quietly, your Sav Blanc is superb.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another NCLT 20 cent coin that didn't fare well in the wild. 2017 Australian Active Service Medal.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tuvalu coins have very low mintages so it is a shame to find a one dollar coin in this condition:

Australia
30 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amateurrollcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which roll did that end up in? Surely you must have felt a dent in the wrapping!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Which roll did that end up in?

No, it wasn't in a roll.

But this 2011 ten cent coin was:

Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ttkoo - none taken.

Just wish that our country could do a few more things itself. Foreign banks, foreign talent, foreign makers of coins, banknotes, cars, appliances etc. But we do print our own stamps at least!

MMman - that Tuvalu dollar is a beauty and the 2011 10 cent - still a very scarce coin!
Australia
30 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amateurrollcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes! I have found 2019 JC 5cents in roughly the same condition as that in the past.

Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tuvalu coins have very low mintages so it is a shame to find a one dollar coin in this condition:

Quote:
No, it wasn't in a roll. But this 2011 ten cent coin was:
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  02:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any guesses as to what this used to be?

It's about the size and weight of an Aus/NZ 5 cent coin.

Top picture is reverse, bottom pic is obverse

Following Sap's method for resurrecting 50% silver coins I've had it soaking in a solution of disodium EDTA for a few days.

Here's a link to Sap's thread.
http://goccf.com/t/197889

I can now tell what it is. It has a mintage of under 1.5 million so I guess it belongs in this thread. I'm sure you all agree it is in 'terrible' condition.
Edited by MachinMachinMan
09/28/2022 03:03 am
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 152 / Views: 9,734Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: