Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Masters Club Renewed Silver Dollar

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 2,801Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3659 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unlikely but if anyone has the ability to order the renewed 1$ coin, I would be more than happy to buy it from you,,with a premium of course..
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr

Does the 2021 Renewed Silver Dollar come in a wooden display case?

If you recall the 2021 Renewed $2 dollar tooney came in a maroon clamshell case, not a wooden display case, back in April.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2858 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does the 2021 Renewed Silver Dollar come in a wooden display case?

Yes, it does. Probably for continuity since all previous renewed silver dollars had a woodend box. The renewed Toonie is a new coin, maybe that is why they used a maroon case instead.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
661 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin! Here's hoping there is a 36mm SD issue...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7016 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the R C M is planning on reissuing all of the silver dollars in its commemorative series - circulating and non-circulating - the series will never end! In fact, with just one issue per year, the new series falls further behind (in terms of the number of SDs to "renew") each year! I wonder what the Mint's game plan is for the series' future?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice coin! Here's hoping there is a 36mm SD issue
... Tongue in cheek ... https://www.colonialacres.com/produ...psd-1981.htm only $14.50 CDN.

Quote:
the series will never end ... I wonder what the Mint's game plan is for the series' future

I don't like where this is going:
2015 - Initial Commemorative Dollar reprising the 1935 first Voyageur dollar - Good Choice
2016 - Reprise the 1976 Library of Parliament Specimen SD - Odd choice.. only real rationale was the 40 year delta from original release.
2017 - Reprise the 1939 Royal Visit Circulating SD - Ok.. 2nd commem $ released
2018 - Reprise the 1994 National War Memorial Loon design - Huh where did this come from .. not a decimal anniversary nor was this design the best the mint had... I was seriously hoping for 1958 renewed.
2019 - Reprise the 1995 Peace Keeping Loon Design - Shrug
2020 - Reprise the 1980 Specimen SD. - Back to 40 year gap
2021 - Reprise the 1981 Proof SD. - Oh dear... I think I see a trend.

My disappointment is not so much the 2021 design... I quite enjoy it but ignoring the original commemorative series... 1958 BC and 1964 Charlottetown releases is a missed opportunity, even the 1949 Matthew and 1967 Goose which have been done to death on other occasions are more meaningful in the "Dollar" stakes than the Loon renewals.. If 2020 & 2021 mean we are now on a treadmill of reprising the Proof dollar from 40 years past then I think this series will end up undersubscribed and die an ignominious death... like so many other series from the mint.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7016 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When the Renewed series began in 2015, I had high hopes that it would be a series that reimagined the six circulating silver dollars and then end. When the series brought back two non-silver dollars (2018, 2019) I knew the Mint was "lost." It's too bad, the series could actually have been something meaningful - it has turned out to just be an unorganized mish-mash.

I didn't buy the first Renewed SD (2015) as I already had the 2010 75th Anniversary 36mm SD in my collection - it afforded me the opportunity to enjoy a proof version of the original design in the original size. I have not been a buyer of the series. If the R C M were to release a six-coin set of the circulating commemorative SDs in the original 36mm form with selective gold-plating, I would likely be a buyer.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr
@commems

What is the present percentage of the mintage sold for the 2021 Master's Club Renewed Silver Dollar?

I'm hoping to get one in the morning....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tender4848

There is no % sold listed yet. I typically only see that when the % sold exceeds 75% so I am assuming that there will be plenty still available tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
549 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still no 2021 Renewed Silver Dollar showing on the RCM web page for Gold Members. :(
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Still no 2021 Renewed Silver Dollar showing on the RCM web page for Gold Members. :(
I just refreshed (1PM PT / 4PM ET) and it is showing 70% Sold.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
549 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr

I assume that you're at a higher Member tier than Gold. Still no show. Hoping tomorrow will show up and some left for purchase.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimper... Yes... Diamond. Fingers Crossed.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
661 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... Tongue in cheek ... https://www.colonialacres.com/produ...psd-1981.htm only $14.50 CDN.

... Touche ... already got that one

Seriously, it would be great to see the 1971-91s issued in 99.99% Ag with today's technology.
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not looking like the Renewed Silver Dollar gonna show up on the Mint's website over the weekend.

Probably have to wait until Monday morning or even Tuesday morning when the coins get released to the general public.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 2,801Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: