Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Masters Club Renewed Silver Dollar

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 2,420Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
547 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  09:53 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tender4848

Agreed, it looks that way. That's if there are any left to purchase.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Valued Member
Canada
303 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EXCLUSIVE Masters Club Renewed Silver Dollar Series: Coin #7 - Pure Silver 140th Anniversary of the Trans-Canada Railway 2 oz. Gold-Plated Coin - Mintage: 2,500 (2021) Item No. 201796

Showing 70% sold.

I wonder if it would work if you were any level of MC and phoned in an order for one? It worked for me once before when I ordered something else and added a MC coin on the order. Order a set of the 10 cent coins and add the MC coin on.
Edited by rjlavoie
10/23/2021 2:05 pm
Valued Member
Canada
135 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ rjlavoie

Excellent suggestion.....will give it try on Monday morning.

Have nothing to lose....
Edited by Tender4848
10/23/2021 8:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2852 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably have to wait until Monday morning or even Tuesday morning when the coins get released to the general public.

Master Club Exclusive coins are not released to the general public. Otherwise what is the point of being a MC member when you have to spend thousands to get benefits from the program.

Previous MC Exclusives that were not sold out right away remain on the RCM website for months until they were sold. The 2018 Renewed Silver Dollar National War Memorial remained on the website until January. The 2020 MC Exclusive Under a Hopeful Moon Glow in the Dark coin remain on the website for 4-6 months until sold out.

The unsold MC coins could not be seen by the general public. Only MC members could see it.

But don't lose hope. If this years coin remain unsold I expect it to be offered to lower MC tiers.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1272 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a Master Club member, I have one of each of the 'renewed silver dollar' series since it's inception. Without request, my rep put me down for the new one - allowing me to cancel if I wished, but otherwise, locked in on day one. I'm Okay with that - that is why I like the 'rep' program.
Valued Member
Canada
135 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@dcadon

Ditto

As a Master Club member, I have one of each of the 'renewed silver dollar' series since it's inception.

But since the RCM changed the Masters Club program this year here is one of the problems.

I am a Gold Member, I'm trying to get to the platinum level. Right now I am about $400 short of the Platinum level. Had I been able to purchase the following coins I would be well into the Platinum level:

Avro Arrow 5oz
Snowbirds 5oz
Silver Incuse 1oz.

But since the Mint changed the Masters Club levels all of these coins were sold out before they were released to the Gold Level Members.

Also I purchased the $2 dollar Toonie and Banknote set, but the Mint had the wrong $2 Dollar bill inserted in this set. The Mint said to return it for the proper replacement bill for the set. So I returned the set, the Mint gave me a refund which also lowered my dollar total to get to the Platinum level.

The set was supposed to be shipped for Oct. 27th but now has been delayed for at least another month. So why did the Mint give me a refund and just not do an exchange so it would not affect my dollar level.

Stuck between a rock and hard place.....

Hoping I will still be able to get the 2021 Renewed Silver Dollar from the RCM.

I have been a loyal coin collector purchasing coins from the RCM for the last 40 years.....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
547 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tender4848

I'm in the same dilemma as you. The only difference is that I purchased all those 3 coins you mentioned on TCS just before the coin show airs. I also have all except for the first which I sold for a large profit. Couldn't resist. 9 out of 10 times is when a coin sells out fairly quickly before it reaches the public it usually means that a bunch are allocated for the Coin Show on TSC. I got lucky many times. For the Masters Club Exclusive Coins, well that's another story. Right now there are 2 (qty) Masters Club Exclusive Coins ( 2020 140th Anniversary of the Arctic Territories with Selective Gold Plating) for sale on TSC, but for a large premium. I wouldn't hold my breath to see any 2021 Masters Club Exclusive Coins on the Coin Show next time it airs.
Valued Member
Canada
303 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems to be many of us like this. I too would be a higher level in MC if I didn't have to go to dealers like for some of the coins that sold out quickly. It seems there must be more money for the RCM in selling at a wholesale price to dealers then selling at full price to MC people.
But with some of the coins, buying from dealers are a better deal for us especially when there may be cash back or the cost is discounted with dealer rewards. Buying when released, with the $50 Snowbirds coin I received $18 cashback and the Pure Silver EHR Coin - Bold Bison (2021) was sold at $14 off issue price. MC rewards don't compare to that.
Valued Member
Canada
135 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received email for the 2021 Renewed Silver Dollar at 9:10am this morning and promptly ordered the coin.

Possible delay as usually Gold level Masters Club Members receive notification on the Friday.

May have got bumped to today since the 10 cent Bluenose was released on Friday.....

Regardless I am a happy camper
Pillar of the Community
Canada
547 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  09:34 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tender4848

Same here. Ordered it faster than lightening. Lol. Also ordered the 100th Anniversary of Bluenose Commemorative Collector Keepsake (2021)
No.201738
and the
100th Anniversary of Bluenose Special Wrap Roll Set (2021)
No.200673.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
622 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I remember correctly when this series started it was supposed to be only for 6 years. Does anyone recall it the same way?
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been lurking for a while, decided to join up.

Thought I would comment in this thread for my first post as I found the topic interesting.

As stated previously in the thread, the RCM website shows that the Masters Club coins should only be available to Platinum Members and up. On one hand I am happy for the Gold Members that are able to get the Master Club coins, but on the other hand I would like to see the Mint stick to the listed benefits that the website shows. To steal a tagline from the 90's,
"Membership has its privileges".

With the value of a coin being determined by the mintage, among other factors, it would make sense to me that if less people are able to purchase the Masters Club coins, there would be the potential for the coins not to sell out which would make the actual mintage of the coins smaller and then increase the value.

I did talk to my rep at the RCM today and I was told that the Gold Members would have access to the Masters Club coins this year, but not in subsequent years. This would maybe be because of the changes to the Program, a years grace period?

Anyways, I hope to be involved with you all in other conversations and discussions.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6755 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@applesauced: I hope you enjoy your time on CCF and decide to hang around!

I agree that the Mint should adhere to its own rules. If they don't, who will?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Been lurking for a while, decided to join up.
to the Community, applesauced!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
937 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
awaiting stock 91% sold at the moment on RCM website
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 2,420Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: