Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Holiday Exchange -Secret Santa -Enter By 27 Nov

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 612 / Views: 38,494Next Topic
Page: of 41
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2894 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know its not my fault the first gift was lost @T-BOP. You should get a gift like anyone else. The next one I'll add tracking and hopefully it arrives with no issue.

You deserve a nice gift like everyone else even if late.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
614 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I look into my mailbox every day with hope. But alas, it is still empty. I really hope that he will come as soon as possible. The last package that was sent to me from abroad was about 6 weeks.
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Slerk, it might be longer than 6 weeks, I am afraid to say. That is the state of our Post Office now. Hopefully, you will get your gift soon! Don't you have holidays this month? Don't they affect your getting mail?

@Wrekkdd, I agree with you 100% that everyone deserves their present even our @T-BOP! I was ready to re-send another present. But the giftee confirmed that he has gotten my package.

I think our best bet is to use Priority Mail service as it is comes with the $50 insurance? Not sure how it works?
Something to consider about. Unfortunately, for abroad, we do not have much protection, I think?

Many of my UK relatives still haven't gotten my Christmas cards. Same goes for my Aussie ones. My Aussie cousin told me he got a card from Ireland and it took 6 weeks to arrive! What happened? Several friends and relatives haven't gotten my cards in the US and one card with two small monetary gifts for two wee girls were gone as good. Terrible!

Let's hope for the best for our giftees! As well as the Secret Santas!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7779 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When it shows up, it will...on its own terms with a little help, or no help, from the Postal affiliation of its route.

Many thanks to rggoodie aka Santa for putting together another successful gift exchange!
Edited by oih82w8
01/24/2022 10:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2894 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can only assume my package is lost. From where I live to where my package was sent is not that far. New gift will be on its way hopefully this weekend
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1225 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Wrekkdd I doubt people would not send a gift to their secret santa just so that they can stiff them out of a few dollars. even then I wouldn't think too much about it.

I didn't participate in this years gift send due in large part because of Covid cause I knew that there would be delays guaranteed, as for the theft its gotten worse so even if you package was tracked it might still be label as being in transit but in fact already stolen, have you seen the carnage with Los Angeles railways where people are just jumping on trains and stealing what they think will be worth something.

I hope everyone had a merry christmas, :) keep up the good work mate :D rggoodie
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
614 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received a long-awaited gift from Santa.

I can't help but ask what's wrong with this coin. It is signed as "love token".

Many thanks to Santa for a great gift
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Slerk, Awesome coins you got there! Especially silver JFK half dollar and that beauty of Buffalo nickel!

Love token is a token one craved into anything that is metallic disk or coin and made it a love memorial for your loved one. This was a popular thing to do in late 19th and possibly early 20th century here. I am sure someone here would happily explain to you better than I do.

I am happy that the coins reached you safe and sound!! I am sure your Secret Santa is happy that his/her package finally arrived.

Enjoy your coins! Thank you for sharing with us!

Edited by Carrigna
01/28/2022 01:41 am
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
614 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I especially liked the big center. They are very difficult to get here in Russia, especially in good condition, I don't really understand copper, but this one looks very decent. Santa tried to put together a set of types for me, and I'm very grateful for that.
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Slerk,Your Secret Santa is very good at putting this set of assorted coins to show American coins at very different points in the history. For example, 1964 half dollar is the last year we stopped using full silver (90% silver as corrected by nickelsearcher — I always call it full silver as silver coins are not 100% silver due to the alloys—for the most of silver coins were 90% so I call it full) in the coins here. 1836 1 cent is a large cent coin, yes, it is in a decent condition and it is the last time we would see large cent coins as they were stopped issued by 1856 or 1857- we changed the size of one cent coin and the designs that year (1856 or 1857). Buffalo nickel is a lovely coin because it is the first time our coins showed another animal than an American eagle- hence, the name Buffalo. Hope this helps? Enjoy these coins!
Edited by Carrigna
01/28/2022 06:01 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7722 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  04:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@slerk - good to see your gift package arrived, very nice selection of USA coins there.

One minor correction for the record:

Quote:
1964 half dollar is the last year we stopped using full silver in the coins here

Actually, it's the final year a composition of 90% silver, 10% copper was used on minor denomination USA coins.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Learn More...
United States
15429 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  06:48 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
28 Jan
06:48 forum time

Not yet received

chronos
Jgfindring
molydeii
oih82w8
Susuman
Tanman2001
T-BOP
Wornslick
rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
Turkey
822 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add molydeii to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say I still haven't recived anything. It's alright though, I live far away from almost everyone in the forum. I have participated in several Secret Santas over the last decade and in one of them my gift got lost too. I understand it happens, as the sender has absolutely no control over the postal system once s/he posts. So if my Santa is reading that, please know that it's okay for me receieving it late or not at all. Secet Santa to me is about giving and I'm happier when my recipent likes what I send.

Richard kindly emailed me that my sender has sent at December 6th. S/he did all one could, so I want to thank him for that. Countries where there is a direct flight in between my country and theirs, mail ususlly arrives in about 10-12 days. So far, I have experienced a few losses in a decade long mailing coins thing and eBay purchases. Except one, all losses was on unregistered regular airmail and small letter size envelopes.

I will make sure to update if I receive anything. And no hard feelings if I don't receive anything at all. I also want to thank Richard from the bottom of my heart for hosting this event for longer than I remember of and giving people like me who live far away a chance to connect with the rest of the coin collectors around the globe.

Stay safe and a happy 2022 everyone.
Edited by molydeii
01/28/2022 09:00 am
Learn More...
United States
112162 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today I received a long-awaited gift from Santa.
Outstanding!
Page: of 41 Previous TopicReplies: 612 / Views: 38,494Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: