Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960-D LMC What Is This Angel O?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 169Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  1:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Krisalane to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all.
I have this 1960-d LMC that has strange extras on the devices. A halo on the O, extra in the LibeR, a couple of eye cuds(?), and the letters of IG stretch up.
Will some of you experts please chime in and tell me what's going on with this? Thank you!

Edited by Krisalane
10/24/2021 2:14 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41890 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The O and the R are die chips. The I N are from a worn die issue. Can't see the eye well enough,but not a CUD. CUDs always include the rim.Just a FYI: it is a large date=LD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
10/24/2021 1:59 pm
Learn More...
United States
21365 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@kris, I'm seeing a partially worn down die chip on the letters O and R, with a circulation dings across the B and E of LIBERTY, Abe's forehead, and the letter N of ONE. The stretching of the letters in IGWT is from this coin being struck with a tired die.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
7515 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
die chips and cannot see the eye well enough to tell if there is a problem or not, plus circulation flattening on liberty.
ça va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krisalane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. that's a really neat looking die chip. I have this '61 that seems to have a continuation of the same problem, but not as cute. (that is possible right, that the obverse would change before the reverse?) I also just realized my last pic above belongs to s diff coin, sorry, removed.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4097 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with John1 and Spence. There are a few die chips to be seen. The Band E of liberty just took a hit and was dented inwards. I also do not see any issues with the eye as John1 describes.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 169Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: