Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For 100lbs Or More Of Foreign Coins

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 489Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  6:37 pm Show Profile   Check HoosierDaddy's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anybody selling 100lbs or more of foreign coins.

I could use 100lbs a month and more. THANKS
Edited by HoosierDaddy
11/13/2021 10:01 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19262 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many decades ago, I visited a coin show in Manchester, UK.
I bought an 1853 gold dollar for 1.50. Gave it my my young sister to help start her con collection.
Now well over 60 years of age, she is still an avid coin collector.

These days, I still find gold Dollars more numismatically interesting than silver dollars, although they are much scarcer to find. That interest in part is driven by their relative scarcity.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1727 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Small gold"? As in small gold coins or low premium?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Check HoosierDaddy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small gold of any country or US. Ex-jewelry is ok. Bullion is nice too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1727 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a look at 19th Century 20 Franc gold coins from the Latin Monetary Union (Belgium, France, Italy, Switzerland).
Small coins and low premiums.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Check HoosierDaddy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More like the 5 and 10 franc from France.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2465 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mexican Dos Pesos and Dos y Medio Pesos are small and available.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Check HoosierDaddy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking to buy and yes I like those small Mexico gold.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19262 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just be aware of U.S. fractional gold fakes made for the jewelry trade. These can be made in good quality gold, even from recycled coin gold.
XRF testing is not a good fake indicator for those made from this material.
Edited by sel_69l
10/25/2021 12:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Check HoosierDaddy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surprised no offers yet with this many views.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  06:42 am  Show Profile   Check HoosierDaddy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still looking. THANKS
Valued Member
United States
495 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@HoosierDaddy

I have something of possible interest for you:

Iran 1/4 pahlavi 1339

16 mm and just over 2 grams.

One on hand, AU by my estimation. PM if interested!

Source: https://www.NGCcoin.com/price-guide...duid-1477989
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19262 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found quite a few German States small minor face value bronze and billon coins in lower grades,
in higher priced dealers' junk boxes in LCS's, and at coin shows, (none recently, due to CV-19).

I have never tried it, but it may be worth investigating on-line with home based German dealers.
Krause World Coins books covering the last four centuries very useful as a photo guide in this regard.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3670 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  03:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have found quite a few German States small minor face value bronze and billon coins in lower grades,
in higher priced dealers' junk boxes in LCS's, and at coin shows, (none recently, due to CV-19).

(I don't really go to coin shows much, but my LCS experience matches.)

But yeah, it's much harder to find a working LCS these days, and coin shows, forget it. I hope they manage to restart eventually.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Check HoosierDaddy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need coins!!!
Valued Member
United States
495 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 489Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: