Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Cud Die Stage Progression

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 303Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  12:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is neat so I posted before a 2015 cud that is in a early die stage for the 2015 cud listed on copper coins. According to Mike Diamond there is two types of cuds 1. Those that replace the design rim (carry off the die rims gutter)
2. Those that do not replace the die rims gutter (rim gutter is intact)
- First Pic is CUD #2 and an upclose second pic will be posted for people who did not see the last post on it

- Pic below is the 2015 CUD listed on cudsoncoins it has gotton bigger in order to replace the design rim from what the cud was once before
Edited by gorham_collector
12/03/2021 3:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5406 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool! Over the last few years, I've been lucky enough to find multiple "like" dies of varieties and errors, enough to see the progression of die stages. It's good to be able to see it from the beginning to the end or close to it, if you find enough of them. Maybe you will find more as time passes.
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea who knows @makescents
You don't see many 2015 cuds around.
Different progression for any varieties or errors are rare usually they happen so fast and get to the "end progression" bc of how rapidly the coins are struck etc those Eds are the most intriguing and rare to me.
Imagine have a pre cud of this cud with die breaks that would be rare and awesome to see.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never found this CUD and makes me think it's somewhat rare but keep your eyes open. For whatever reason some varieties and errors tend to show up in the same place for some reason. The variety 2017-P 1 WDDO-005, has shown up at my doorstep multiple times, I would guestimate 30 or so times. I have also ran across the UDC-1c-2019-01 quite often.

2017-P 1 WDDO-005
As many of these as I have found, I don't think I have taken time to do a die progression of them. The errors are much more fun to do this with though, following....

UDC-1c-2019-01

My listing, scroll to the very bottom. http://cuds-on-coins.com/udc-1c-2007/

-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2021  05:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a sick die break there affecting the date
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: