Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mint Question About A Lincoln Cent 1960-D Large Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 388Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
658 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2022  2:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have coins that look awesome to the naked eye but when I put the scope on them I get this image. All these tiny marks couldn't be from bag marks? Is this a mint press issue or post mint problem? Just can't seem to find the answer.

Edited by grospoisson
01/02/2022 2:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5975 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2022  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All PMD it has circulated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7515 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
658 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2022  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Agreed, PMD. This coin has been around out in public for some time getting all banged up.

I am begging you to let me send this coin to you then come back and tell me it's been circulated! I of course will pay to mail it, then you keep and spend. I truly mean this in the gentlest way. I respect the heck out of you guys and always count on replies. As your quote from Benjamin Franklin involve me and I understand!
Edited by grospoisson
01/02/2022 3:46 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17880 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2022  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just beat-up from normal processing wear. Looks to be mint state to me.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloIronTail to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you look at Lincolns cheek, jaw and forehead you'll see the wear. It's not much at all, but it's there nonetheless.

Pete
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17880 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't believe there's any wear on this coin myself. If you look the reverse cornice and middle of the coin, you can see a lot of strike weakness due to a partially filled die. IMO, most of the marks are due to the planchet not getting fully smoothed during the coining process from a partially filled die(s).

It's the strongest on the reverse but it also carried through to the obverse. The cheek, jaw, temple, and lapel may have also been slightly filled. For sure, the reverse die had some crud in it.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
01/19/2022 4:06 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 388Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: