Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

For Grading - 1890 IHC

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 384Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  09:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would like to hear some thoughts on where this IHC could Grade. The Coin is not in-hand, can't describe luster.

Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess ms 62/63 rb
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson
Pillar of the Community
United States
8004 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:15 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Snow 1 quadrupled die obverse. 63 maybe
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17211 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Virtually no hits or scratches on coin ,clean face but first 4 feather tips look a little light hard to say if this is wear or not . What's with the obverse rim at 7:00 ,is that what is called rim cuds ? I'm going with MS-64BN .
Again gorgeous clean face .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11924 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64BN
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67803 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
64BN sounds right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The color is throwing me off a little. I have one in MS63RB, and this stacks up well against it. Will go MS63 if the color is original.
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I will update with some new photos when I get it in-hand. (few days)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23407 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decent looking MS-64BN.
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Check pristine2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although it is a very pretty coin I'd love to own, I'm afraid I can't agree on an MS designation. I see just the tiniest spots of wear at the designated high-point locations.

Looks classic AU-58 to me. Of course I'm an old & crotchety fellow, and TPGs can sometimes be generous.

Edited by pristine2
01/22/2022 11:05 am
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't like the color, but, it is a late die state QDO.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9377 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63 details/color. An example where the variety is worth multiple times over what a "normal" 1890 would bring. Super nice find.
Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 384Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: