Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1927 50 Kopeck Fake Or No?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 404Next Topic  

Ireland
5 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  8:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Voidstudiosjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
From what I gather this coin should have edge lettering, the thickness is slightly off, but I am also under the impression the 1927 proof has no edge lettering? Seems an odd coin to fake. Any thoughts?

Learn More...
United States
23241 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@void, first welcome to CCF. Second, can you please let us know if a magnet is attracted to this piece? Also, can you please post the weight? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Ireland
5 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Voidstudiosjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your response, the coin is not ferromagnetic and the weight is 7.39 g
Ireland
5 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Voidstudiosjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another thing to note is that the reverse is not directly mirrored to front, it is slightly askew.
Valued Member
Canada
282 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
title needs amending to 1997 to match date in picture
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3461 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From memory this coin is supposed to weigh 10 grams. Very strong possibilities of this being not genuine
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Ireland
5 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Voidstudiosjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, indicators point to that, I just never saw these faked before. I just found the sale and they are a reputable seller, guess I'll test it at some point for curiosity sake.

(CDMGNT..Yes these coins from the USSR the 2 does look like a 9 especially with the tarnish)
Valued Member
Russian Federation
231 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grinya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fake.

I don't see letters at the edge. They shall be there.

And weight shall be 10 grams
Ireland
5 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Voidstudiosjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again, strange that I can't find any other fakes of this one, odd one to fake as the original is not worth much of anything to begin with!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3461 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are fakes known for these. At one stage when silver prices were absurdly high at $50, these were sold at silver scrap which seemed to be a bargain. At 10 grams ish, they were sold for 18 or so dollars when they were struck in cheap base metal. Good profit for scammers.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Learn More...
United States
112244 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 404Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: