Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1970-D, A Nice Error.com Collection On One Coin.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 341Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2345 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  02:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, this coin I just brink for 4.29$. It is a BU but look like Hiroshima war past trough.

I will start with R:
Ex-foliation , think after strike. Miss a part of the scull of the president and from his right side bust:

Then the LIBERTY, is fun because has the letters in progressive's dimensions.

Now the funny side of the coin the O:

Look at STATES and E Pluribus Numum. Here a over strike? you to tell me.

The FG. Was tired after so manny strike and left before the DIE:

An Die crack on the coloumn

And the rest of the photos please tell me where to put?.

I never see a coin yet like this. I do not know what is missing? Die cracks are so I do not photo. Could be possible to be the last coin of this die and hammer?

Is worth to send for attribution and where?, me I done before with VSS.

Thanks
Silvio

Edited by silviosi
01/22/2022 03:52 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44731 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Floating die clash? I checked http://www.maddieclashes.com/ but the sute isn't working right for me at the moment.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2345 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not know John, this coin is to much for me. What I see I thing is missing clip, off center and wrong planchet, loll. I know a before retirement die, but also the hammer?

John, The site work for me but I am not familiar with.

PS. Forgot to say is missing also the small date to be complete.

tomorrow I will put photos of the rim. Is complete crack and ex-foliate. I do not understand how resisted to the strike?!!
Edited by silviosi
01/22/2022 06:02 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57522 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possible damage to the coin. Does the opposite side of the coin show flattening on that area? If so it may have been hammered into the coin with the edge of incuse devices on a presidential coin? Just doesn't loo right from what I can see.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1721 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some nice clear pics would be nice, I'd really like to see what's happening here, very cool looking. John, at VSS does great work and if nothing else could get you some fantastic pics to share with us, may be able to attribute too. He specializes in silver dollars but has branched out quite a bit.
LINK https://www.varslab.com/
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2345 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COOP, it is not incuse and the contra part of the coin it is not flattered. Metal problem I know is here present. Monday I will put the coin in SEM-EDX test to see the metal composition and the origin. Thanks Makecents, I will try to take better pics. I use a new Russian camera-microscope and I think I have to work more on adjustment's and to find the best ratio between camera and the computer.

I will the chime on the post and then to send. I think at Vss cause them also slab but after I have some clear points to ask for. It is UN coin at aabout my conservative estimation of 62-63 and no trace of adjacent post-strike hit, come from a set.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 341Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: