Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coffee Can Jefferson Nickels

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 925Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
81 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  11:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been going through a few old coffee cans of change that have been sitting around for probably 35 years or so. I wasn't sure if this would count as coin roll hunting so I'll post some pictures here for now. I have been 2x2ing the better examples as a start of a collection. Nothing super special, but still some nice circulated jeffersons.

Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
6090 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wasn't sure if this would count as coin roll hunting

I think it would count as * canned coin hunting *
They look like clean coins,I'd save them.
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for looking. I am thinking about getting an album instead of 2x2s and a binder. Not too many good looking coins but enough dates and mint marks to warrant a small collection of circulated jeffersons. A few War Nickels to boot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
940 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a nice start to an attractive set, Coinhole.
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Quit a few coins to go through.

Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello

Pillar of the Community
United States
789 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well now you've done it. Have to get a Buffalo album also.

Better quit before you find a V nickel!
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know.. having 3 generations of coins to go through is a bit overwhelming. Nobody seemed interested enough to preserve them right. I'm on a mission. Plus I collect modern coins since 2010. I have found 2 V nickels that are pretty worn down. If I find a nice looking one ill post it. I have to draw a line somewhere.
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is why it's different then coin roll hunting. Obviously this coffee can was hand picked change my grandfather was saving. Alot of 1970s and 80s too. Even a proof.

Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always fun to sort through cans or bottles or whatever not knowing what you will find for coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool little nickel collection . .

This is how the addiction starts!
Learn More...
United States
112413 Posts
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinhole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for looking guys and taking time to respond. Not too bad. Some lower mintage coins in decent shape. One fairly circulated 1943 D. A nice 1951 P. And a few other under 70000 mintage. 12 buffalo and 2 V nickels.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7560 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8069 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing - nice finds!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 925Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: