Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Showing Off A New Pickup.1880-S Morgan PCGS MS-68 OGH

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,025Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4774 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  7:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is my first "big boy purchase". This coin is very lustrous with only a little bit of abrasion scattered around the surfaces. There's some very minor haze visible at extreme angles. All considered I do not believe this would get a CAC sticker. However, I'm still happy with my purchase. A braver man than I would crack this out and dip it

Pillar of the Community
United States
4774 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, if anyone has any ideas about the VAM on this one I'm all ears lol. Looks like it's a medium S and I can see doubling on the outside of the lower loop of the second "8", but can't see doubling anywhere else.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2815 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. Congrats on the big buy.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67868 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the best pics (too much glare), but congrats are surely in order!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
709 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin, I wouldn't worry about the little bit of toning... It adds character IMHO...
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17224 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin took a bunch of bag marks on reverse left wing . But besides that I just don't see an MS-68 Morgan . Sorry just my opinion .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great pickup. Congratulations!
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Valued Member
United States
461 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fromms2244 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
She is a monster! Where did you purchase it? Online? LCS?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4774 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your opinions! I am sorry about the poor quality photos, I will be getting a new phone next weekend with better macro capability so that should hopefully help.

T-Bop, I understand your opinion. Personally, I feel the coin is just a little too clean to be a 67. I feel the 68 is deserved, but it certainly isn't a "strong" 68.

This was purchased on ebay, fromms. I offered what I believe to be a conservative price considering the coin and it wad accepted.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4234 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With TBop on this , no way that is a 68 Coin .
Just too many tiny little marks .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3774 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7735 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely coin, congratulations.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10463 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! That is a "big boy"
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
2240 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Morgan, @Adam_E. Given that this is a PCGS OGH, some say that they were more strict with their grading at that time and less interested in market grading. I wonder what she would grade if submitted today?
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow a very nice Morgan! I have a few 66's but hope one day to have a 67 or 68.
Congratulations
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first impressions is no way that's a 68
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,025Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: