Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 Coins Are Out There, Right?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,779Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
114976 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2022  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found two 2009-P dimes from circulation in the last few weeks. They are out there!
Outstanding!
Valued Member
United States
281 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2022  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're definitely out there, in fact I find 2009 cents to be so abundant that I don't save them. On the other hand, quarters, dimes, and especially nickels, I save all of those. To this day I've yet to find a single 2009-P nickel in the wild.
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're out there. I hunted a penny box last night and found 7 of them. No presidencys, but two of each of the others, three of the professional life.
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beaver22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are out there. I've even found a few in Canada as well. They are very scarce due to hoarding of low mintage. You will find at least 1 once in a while.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HCIX to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I admit I'm enjoying looking for them now. I'm too competitive to not have to win at finding them all lol. I now have 3 p and 2 d prof yrs 4 p farm yrs 2 p 1 d b and c 1 d dime and 1 d DOC. I could have sworn I had a nickel but it's nowhere to be found. Found a coin shop that has sets of them and not too bad of a price but it just seemed like it would take the fun out of finding his. Also I have coins of my stepdad I got when he passed away. I got my love of pennies and being a collector of what strikes my fancy lol. He had 7 2009 1 even happens to be a presidential I've considered putting in my son's for ones he doesn't have. Todd would not mind a kid being one of his coins in fact would support the idea for hope it would soark his interest. But I like his being together and tbh it would be same as buying. I wanna find them lol.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamuelPickwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wanna find them lol.
I like that attitude!
Valued Member
United States
437 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see lots of 2009 Lincolns, a few quarters, nickels and dimes rarely.
Pillar of the Community
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just searched through 4 rolls of quarters, 6 rolls of dimes, 10 rolls of nickels and 8 rolls of cents today. Of the $94 in mixed date change, I found only 1 2009P cent and even that was in poor condition. A previous search through over $130 in mixed change yielded only one 2009 P dime. I find it hard to believe that others have commented that 2009 coins are "out there", as if there is some abundance. My experience is that any 2009 coin in the wild is a scarce find.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
780 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  01:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that others have commented that 2009 coins are "out there", as if there is some abundance. My experience is that any 2009 coin in the wild is a scarce find.

Is it possible the distribution of the 2009 coins is regionally very uneven?
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CASMAN to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2009 was a crash and burn year. Banks were not ordering coins. The overall economy was a disaster. That caused the shortage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2364 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it possible the distribution of the 2009 coins is regionally very uneven?

I have heard that a good percentage of the 2009 coins were sent to Puerto Rico and that many were found there (and in Florida.) Not sure if that is accurate - they may have been sent to other locations as well.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
815 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found more one cent coins and quarters from 2009 than dimes and nickels combined.

I have only found 2 dimes and one nickel.

That nickel was found in 2018.

I also pull every coin I find from 2009 out of circulation.
Edited by ckrakowski
05/27/2022 6:44 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,779Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: