Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australian 1977 50 Cents With Mule Coat Of Arms Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,139Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  3:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
PCGS - Recently, a circulated Australian 50 Cents coin was submitted to PCGS. Normally, this would be far from a rare occurrence with a mintage of over 25 million pieces to choose from. However, this particular coin was a 1977 50 Cents with Mule Coat of Arms reverse, a mint error with fewer than 10 known examples.

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20344 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The common 1977 50 Cents has the commemorative Jubilee reverse.
The rare coin for 1977 is the normal definitive, as pictured here.

This coin almost a 'Holy Grail' for CRH'er.
You would have to have an eagle eye, be extremely patient, and expect to spend a whole life time trying to find an example from pocket change.

Probably helps to explain why example pictured has obviously seen the rigors of extensive circulation.

Downies sale 313 lot 168:- estimate $15,000 AUD,
Noble Numismatics sale 91 lot 147:- sold $8,600 AUD.
Edited by sel_69l
09/27/2022 6:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1293 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  03:45 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True Sel I reckon the 1988 mule is more rare :), not to knock the rarity of the 77 ^_^ (i don't think ill have have a chance of finding either one) .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
567 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I should look through my money box.....nice info, thanks CCFPress
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Edited by ttkoo
09/29/2022 04:31 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4612 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are even harder to find in circulation in Canada!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2104 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting that it looks so circulated - I'm sure other examples have looked fairly close to uncirculated. I think at least one example was underweight too.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,139Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: