Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1892 Morgan Dollar Thoughts - ANACS

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,295Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10541 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2022  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a current generation label and yeah, ANACS is conservative to spot on when grading Morgan dollars.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
6485 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The carbon spots should come off during conservation but it may impact the remaining luster.

If they are left on the coin they will most likely get bigger and darker.

I'd get them removed.

Good luck!
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2022  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to have some fun and pull the trigger. This one has been cracked out and sent to NCS/NGC for conservation and grading (along with some other coins for grading). Really curious if NCS will be able to do anything for it. Will post results here when it come back, probably months from now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4658 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANACS is a bit conservative. Probably 62 in a modern NGC or PCGS holder.
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC Conserved this coin and it came back as a MS-62. Couldn't be happier (unless they had put the coin in a bit straighter). These are NGC's photos.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice job. ANACS does a nice job with conservation too but you are ahead with the grade upgrade.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10541 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
9119 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
My coin e-commerce website:https://nummumcoins.com - Help me improve my coin e-commerce website: http://goccf.com/t/424872
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24571 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice frosty MS-62.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3998 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent conservation results, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3989 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
NGC Conserved this coin and it came back as a MS-62. Couldn't be happier (unless they had put the coin in a bit straighter). These are NGC's photos.

May I ask, what that cost?
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4% of coins value to conserve, $25 minimum. So, $25, plus Standard tier grading, $40. Shipping and processing fees were divided up between a bunch of other coins. So roughly $70
Pillar of the Community
United States
2074 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2276 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great result. Much better eye appeal than the previous version!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6485 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Congrats!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,295Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: