Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Opinions On The 2022 Quarter?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 3,078Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2022  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree perfessor that it is a bit over board to have five different design in one year. This is the first coin I have seen of this year and it definitely makes it easier to counterfeit something if people don't know what they look like.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2022  03:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BearlyHere to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will make BILLIONS counterfeiting quarters!!!
Edited by BearlyHere
05/01/2022 03:33 am
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  05:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KingRichardV to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I call them "The Fat George Quarters"- He looks 50 lbs heavier than his past self. I think he is the only person to gain that much weight other that Tupac Shakur (from 175 to 215) after their deaths!
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't mind the different reverses, although the commemorative phase is getting a little tiresome. But the obverse is, in my opinion, easily the ugliest design I believe has graced US coinage.
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the common obverse, the CFA and CCAC both selected, from the 11 designs proposed, a design submitted to the Mint in 1931 for the 1932 Washington quarter dollar and finally chosen for use once on a United States commemorative coin in 1999. Here are the other candidates, did they pick the wrong one from these?
https://www.coinnews.net/2021/04/20...ns-unveiled/

I like the obverse although it seemed to look better on the 1999-W Gold $5 Commem George Washington Proof which jbuck also showed a different photo of, and also looks a bit worn already in the hair.

Edited by datadragon
07/04/2022 10:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, here were the candidates for the 2022 Maya Angelou Quarter and the 2022 Sally Ride Quarter..would you have preferred one of the other reverse designs?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10427 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11576 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually is does look much better in gold.

That can be said for a lot of things.
Learn More...
United States
114863 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That can be said for a lot of things.
Maybe things that are not silver.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer the older style. I am like that on most things, the older the better.

United States
35 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2022  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add winterhawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to me like they have Washington turning his back on God.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10427 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2022  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoyed reading everybody's take on the designs. To each his own. We all have our opinions.

I like seeing the LGF obverse on a circulating quarter, but was sorry to see the traditional John Flanagan obverse return for only one year. The never-ending changing multiple reverses have grown wearisome for me. However, if you love quarters, it must be good for you. I couldn't keep up.
Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2022  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a fan of the new design.
Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2022  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, here were the candidates for the 2022 Maya Angelou Quarter and the 2022 Sally Ride Quarter..would you have preferred one of the other reverse designs?

Yes! The caged bird design with the cool font is amazing! And Dr. Ride floating in space would've been the coolest coin ever!
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 3,078Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: