Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1935 S San Diego MS 66 New Addition

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 489Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1892 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  12:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Newly picked, now for the 36 D:

Learn More...
United States
114705 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10523 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding example!
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70157 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta love that!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8004 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the new addition to your collection! It appears to be an attractive, brilliant example with a good strike - I see lots of detail throughout (both sides). Definitely a nice piece!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
05/13/2022 7:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19829 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also have an example, mine probably about MS-64.

I have actually been in the exact spot on the approach bridge in Balboa Park (SD), from where this scene was taken.
Some of the building detail is now a somewhat different, with new or altered building construction, but the scene is still obviously recognizable.

A bit of patience with Google Maps and site pictures will confirm, if you haven't been there.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
506 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love it!!!
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
991 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great example, congrats!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7917 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin indeed. These generally have flashy brilliant luster which yours appears to have although the photograph is washing it out some.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a beautiful example of the coin and would pair very nicely with a similar example for the 1936-D. Enjoy the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1892 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you all! I am very happy with it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5237 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The san diego comm is one of my favorite, yours is really nice.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglebub7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely commem!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 489Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: