Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1927 D Peace - You Vs PCGS

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 818Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cboyera to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, not often a reverse holds a coin back but this is probably the instance. Without divulging too much too early. I'll see if I can get some "real" pictures later.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68778 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear God: Please help me to stop commenting on Trueview pics. Please forgive my prior comments. I have sinned, and I ask for
your forgiveness. Frog
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cboyera to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am far from a professional photographer!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
12194 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so...I'm with coinfrog on these trueviews. I wish everyone would post in hand photos along with them. as previously stated I always drop the grade 1 full point when using them.

i had the coin at MS66 using the trueview. My grade MS65. After seeing the in-hand shot of the obverse I'm going with that due to the surfaces from K4-K8 as well as the neck
Pillar of the Community
United States
1190 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If accurate images, I agree with the slight majority. MS66
Pillar of the Community
United States
4634 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least MS-66. Good shot at 67.
Pillar of the Community
United States
930 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I might have splurged a bit

I bet you did!
Very nice strike!
smat
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS65+
Edited by Mrhakfbacon
05/16/2022 05:08 am
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cboyera to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One winner.PCGS said 65+ (PQ sticker). Fits the look of the collection well, however I'm not above making a quick 5 figures if it is a 66. That being said I'm obviously not going to crack and resubmit so how does a peon like me make that happen or is that reserved for auction houses and vip members?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3615 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you crack out and submit the coin, you are more likely to go down to 65 than up to 66. I do not have any experience in trying to get a coin graded near top population, but I have submitted coins at the large price break in grade, and it is very difficult to get to the next level. Is the PQ sticker a CAC sticker? If not, you should send to CAC for a green sticker. An off brand PQ sticker has no value.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cboyera to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured I'd send off to cac regardless, never had anything with a pq sticker before.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9852 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you crack out and submit the coin, you are more likely to go down to 65 than up to 66. I do not have any experience in trying to get a coin graded near top population, but I have submitted coins at the large price break in grade, and it is very difficult to get to the next level. Is the PQ sticker a CAC sticker? If not, you should send to CAC for a green sticker. An off brand PQ sticker has no value.

Far more likely to come back 65.

And yes, while PQ has some cred it should go to CAC. If CAC approves it as a 65 (they don't factor in the +) then you have more valuable information and market value.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1165 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ms66+ all day long if there aren't any 66 out there, I'd say.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1165 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Disregard the fact I didn't read all the replies...
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Trueview definitely makes this one look extra nice!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 818Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: