Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

DDR And DDO Die Markers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 294Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
90 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  5:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add I6609 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When looking at the markers for DD how many must you find to be right is it some or all
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that is a great question I have not read here yet.
For me, I'm not too sure. But to hazard a guess, depending on how well defined the markers are, I would think that 1 or 2 would suffice. But the markers would have to be spot on for location and angle of the markers.

Experts - If I'm wrong - please educate me too.
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add I6609 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had read some of the DD comments on this site and they seem to be legit but will also say that they couldn't find one of the markers due to there belief that the die goes through different stages and markers can go away and maybe new ones surface but I am a little to new to this to know for sure in my mind what I just said makes scene to me but I may be wrong
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add I6609 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to get a better set up for that it's coming soon I am currently using my I phone and that is just not good enough pictures will come at later date it was mostly a question that I was wondering about at this time as I go through my fathers coins
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add I6609 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your opinion will post pictures in the near future
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8178 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Until someone knows about how to determine DDD and MD, as many markers as possible need to be matched to make sure the coin is an actual doubled die. The better the condition of the coin, the less the chance that circulation wear etc. would hide the details of the markers.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45160 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first thing a collector needs to do is find a legit doubled die. Not MD or DDD etc, it needs to be an actual doubled die. Then you start to match markers on known die pairs. There will be different die states;EDS-MDS-LDS. You do need to match exactly the die markers for it to be a certain attribution number assigned to that particular variety. Hope all that helps a bit.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58112 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually look for three exact location marker matches. The best place to look for unknown markers is on the V.V (Variety Vista) pages. They have images besides what are images of the varieties. That way you can match up markers and also find out the die stage/state of your coin. But on this site, you always need to read the "Description box" information for what is affected by the die variety. The other images will be normal, but contain the unknown markers you desire to spot on that dies coins and the different die stages.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/18/2022 12:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1183 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like others have said, you find the DD first, then find markers to confirm the listing.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 294Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: