Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

First DDR Found 2006-D DDR-006

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 275Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  6:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add shenri to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Just like to share my first DDR discovery. It's the Variety Vista 2006-D DDR-006 or the Wexler 2006-D 1 WDDR-001 and it's an ugly coin.

The 3 die markers are all there.

Varieties are out there. Time to find another one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9175 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice DDR. This is your discovery? Very cool congrats.
what you have indicated on the obverse (red arrow) under nose looks like Feeder Finger Damage
Edited by Dearborn
05/17/2022 7:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8178 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A fun find!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Learn More...
United States
23736 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it's an ugly coin.

Well, it does show some surface staining and light circulation wear, but still a cool find in the wild.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5512 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
still a cool find in the wild.

Indubitably!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shenri to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is your discovery? Very cool congrats.
what you have indicated on the obverse (red arrow) under nose looks like feeder finger damage

Yes this is something I found CRH.

The damage under the nose is what doubleddie.com says is a short die gouge running ESE from the top of the upper lip. Here is a pic from that site.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9175 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45154 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. I call those bar on column. In this case a bar on column 7. I have found a bunch of them for different years and mint marks. In fact, awhile back I weeded out the ones with a short bar and ended up releasing around 100 back into circulation. Nice find nonetheless.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 275Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: