Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1919 UK Penny Kn Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 507Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all. Would this reach VF grade do you think?
I had a bunch of UK Pennies, half pennies and some silver that I put up on Ebay from $20 job lot with no offers so I took it down. Thought I would look closer for errors etc and found this coin amongst them.
Appreciate any thoughts, comments etc

Pillar of the Community
United States
1636 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In terms of Sheldon grading, I put this like a VG-8ish at best. The KN mintmark to the left of the date is one of the better ones and would be approximately valued around the $4.00 to $5.00 Krause catalog.
Edited by mrwhatisit
05/17/2022 8:23 pm
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you mrwhatisit. most appreciated.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68966 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree VG-08 (Sheldon).

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1170 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I wouldn't place much value on 'Catalogue' prices, both online and hard copy, as the general consensus is the information is pretty much out of touch with reality. Many coins have increased in value (by a fair amount) and some decreased. Use the EBay 'advanced search' feature and check the 'Sold items' box. This will give a better idea of what people are paying for coins these days.
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks David. Good advice re checking the sold prices. I learnt this a few weeks back when I started checking my coins. There were a couple of 'rare' 1936 Aust Pennies for sale on Ebay for $60k +. I had 2 of these and when my cardiac arrest subsided the old adage of 'what appears to good to be true' started ringing in my ears. Sure enough a bit of research showed heaps for sale for $1.00 and I think $1.00 was the highest sold price I found. Lots of silly scammers on Ebay unfortunately.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23920 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8 with no issues.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 507Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: