Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Complete Tannu Tuva 1934 Coin Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 321Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
3465 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  09:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This set took me close to a decade to complete. It's because I wasn't prepared to pay top dollars and am happy to wait for one at a reasonable price.

Struck with the same planchets used for the Soviet coins - these were struck at Leningrad Mint

Looks quite neat as a set. I thought I would complete the 1946 Spitsbergen set first before this.

Link:

http://gxseries.com/numis/rus_new_t...nnu_tuva.htm

My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Safaga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on the Tannu Tuva set. Thanks for sharing.
Learn More...
Australia
14367 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A whole set? Wow. I've been trying, for over two decades now, to buy just one Tannu Tuva coin that wasn't a corroded mess.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United States
1371 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only have one because I collect one-per-country.
It's not too bad and the lesser quality photos were taken through mylar.

I clicked on edit in order to see if I could make the imaes not so huge.
Edited by Albert
05/19/2022 9:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7780 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gxseries: Congrats!

Nice dedication to the pursuit!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1170 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins set!
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 321Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: