Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1965 Canadian Nickel Is It Still Worth Anything If It Is Circulated?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 399Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  3:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Steffany to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

I inherited a coin collection by a hobbyist relative. Meaning, he just liked to search his coins for ones he thought were rare or valuable. So everything has been in circulation.

If you had a large bead 1965 nickel, is it still valuable if it is circulated and has obvious wear and tear?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3110 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you had a large bead 65 circulated it would definitely be worth much more then face value. Just don't ask me to identify it because untill I see one in hand don't think I can tell the difference but iv got a couple rolls to look at when I can...without counting beads that is lol.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steffany to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He had it marked as the large bead 1965 Canadian 5 cent piece. Each coin is marked. I guess I should have it verified before I ask questions! I am trying to figure out how to get the valuable ones to the collectors, without giving it away completely. Thank you for pointing out that I need to make sure first.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15217 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Yes a LB is valuable even in circulated condition,
even worn can be worth in the hundreds of dollars.
There are a couple of ways of telling a Large Bead from a Small Bead
but for a novice collector, the easiest way is to count the beads.
You do not have to send it out to be verified.
A Large Bead has 138 beads
A Small Bead has 119 beads
Just count half the beads and double, you should be within a bead or two.
Edited by JimmyD
05/19/2022 4:11 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45152 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68974 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Valued Member
Canada
308 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XWLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! I had found a 65 large beads many years back. I had it certified from ICCS at EF40. I put it in an auction from colonial acres and it went for $2100!

https://www.icollector.com/5-cent-1...le_i22287477

I still to this day Don't know why it went so high. Trends at the time showed it should have been worth $1000.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 399Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: