Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Penny Restoration, Contract Of My Life Help For O And R

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 865Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2890 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  4:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Guys, I has no idea where the hobby go with all saying oddity,

The Mr. (customer) to day even told me on etsy coin like this is 5K.
I do not contradicted, I took the coin and say I will do my best to restore. Here in Quebec you do not has the right to refuse a customer. I do not charge nothing but I have the contract of my life.

Please enjoy the innocence of the peoples:
Edited by silviosi
05/19/2022 5:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2618 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So this is an item you took in to sell for another person? What's the minimum amount he's willing to take if an offer were to be made?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2890 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No a customer brink to as to restore. Him say is 5K. Me I do not buy from my customers, I just restore the coins. My main customers are the museums and the see find on the bottom from the recks..
Edited by silviosi
05/19/2022 5:01 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17786 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well if you can pull that restoration off on that coin then you the man .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3127 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But if you restore it, then it will no longer look like the one on Etsy and will then be worthless! LOL
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2618 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds like fun and rewarding work, silviosi. Thank you for clearing up my misunderstanding.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1828 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe the customer believes it left the mint that way
Learn More...
United States
24271 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just restore the coins.

@sil, if I am following your comments correctly it sounds like you actually are going to restore this Cent. If so, would you mind posting pics of your completed effort? Could be educational for us. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
2041 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Am I missing something here. Is that a badly corroded Lincoln cent. Please tell me this is a joke
Edited by jasper62
05/19/2022 8:08 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10467 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1752 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So this is a modern corroded zlincoln somebody on etsy is claiming it is a rare error, selling it for 5 grand? After restoration, what will it be worth? Nobody knows ... I encourage you silviosi to see what can be done.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2890 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Folks, I promise to post the result. For me it is a joke, it is something I can not understand what it is in the mind of some peoples. It is an zinc coin which ones if it is damage is nothing to do for. I will post after 48 hours the result. I post this more for all to see how the peoples thing about our passion. After restoration is sure will be 1/2 cent at the best.
Edited by silviosi
05/19/2022 9:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jasper62 He says in Canada he has to take the coin if the customer wants him to. This will be fun. Silviosi, when you get done with this one I have a stack of them you can do.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17786 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like one of the Lincolns from the grospoisson hoard .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
T-BOP
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2890 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi FOLKS, I will post you interim work.

Some one say I have to take the coin to do the restauration. This it is here in Quebec and Canada, if not you will take you will be all kinds of things.

So after I do the SEM-EDX I find this coin it is an toillet coin. Rest of human fecals was find. We inhibit, then put in normal clean solution then we apply the first 150 GE ultrasound. This ultrasound it is use in air, no solution (In medical field is use to kill carcinomic cells).

No the coin is damp in calcium zinc oxide inhibitor. Tomorrow I will go back and finish the process which do not involve no brush, acid or harmful short and long term procedures.

At list now I know it is Canadian penny. Enjoy the photos: First left up is the R and the others are the O

Edited by silviosi
05/20/2022 7:55 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 865Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: