Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1991-D Penny Error/Variety?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 251Next Topic  

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  05:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Swanjoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1991-D Penny
Am I seeing things again? Or is this a keeper?
Thx as always!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3140 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  06:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you see? To me it looks like a spender, the weakness on states is normal and it looks like there may be some zinc plating bubbles, neither of which are good for the coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15271 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please explain what it is you see when posting.
I don't see anything that would be an error or variety.
Also way too many photos. One of each side plus a
closeup of your area of concern is enough.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8590 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm seeing a minor misaligned die. Possible subtle Machine Doubling on the date--may be a accentuated by a minor hit in close proximity to the first 9.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69088 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slight MAD but pretty normal overall.

to the CCF!
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cointree to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything either, except photos 2,3,4 appear photoshopped as to look like a painting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9352 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the first image is of a different coin altogether - this one looks damaged from circulation.
The other coin images seem to be of the same coin - on this one I just see some possible MD and plating bubbles.
all-in-all both are spenders to me.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 251Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: