Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1913-S Lincoln Wheat Cent Grade/Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 356Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bought this 1913-S cent for $9.00 from my LCS. I am wondering what condition it is in and if possible, how much is it worth. Also, I looked u dear the microscope and it is an s, though hard to see.

*** Edited by Staff - Removed duplicate reverse image ***

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7806 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are showing only the reverse - which appears to be well worn, corroded and maybe AG/G state.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1613 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops, kinda need the obverse seen... As to the reverse, looks AG-3 details (environmental damage).
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops! Here is the obverse. The reverse pic didn't show it right.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68705 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say G details (ED) - value perhaps $3-4.
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
clearly an "S", fair/filler $2 tops
Pillar of the Community
United States
3878 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at eBay completed auctions, I didn't really see anything go for less than $8 shipped, so while your coin is well worn, I don't think you did that bad. That coin is ideal for one of the old style folders since the obverse / front is much better than the reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8455 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given what I've seen/experienced the last couple years, I'd say the value of this example falls in the $7-$10 range. The S mint mark isn't that horrible.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17415 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obverse is pretty decent, but reverse is very worn . $4 tops .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's hard to see from the photos but under the microscope I see some of the starting of the wheat stalk lines and there is almost a seperation from his jaw and cheek.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12176 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
probably nets at G4 and most likely a details coin. the greenish hue spotting on both sides indicates PVC damage or contact with moisture during storage. either way its a copper reaction to the environment (ED)

id say overpriced. if it was clean G4 example then $9 would be its retail value
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17937 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AG details, corroded and probably cleaned
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
813 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fayette1800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the end of your name "bacon" but that is one ugly Lincoln cent. LOL. AG Details. Corroded
Pillar of the Community
United States
4634 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with AG details, corrosion. Not much value. Will fill a hole though.
Edited by fenton
05/27/2022 01:48 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23858 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2022  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G-4 details, environmental damage.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 356Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: