Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963-D Lincoln RPM Or Machine Doubling

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 417Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
755 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  7:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Unless it's very obvious , I don't have a clue about a RPM, but this is Machine Doubling I would guess?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1410 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Dos not appear to be an RPM, not sure if it is MD or something else
Pillar of the Community
United States
1726 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks more like classic MD to me, and I can see parts of the date have it also.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70157 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slight MD, nothing special here.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2004 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There may be some slight MD on the date but looks like Die Deterioration on the mm (yellow arrows), no RPM I can see. Something not definitive on the inside of the mm I've circled, probably nothing of relevance.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4462 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  12:26 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makecents nailed it. Die Deterioration Doubling and if there's an RPM in there it's just not visible as such. And I don't speak much French but isn't grospoisson "big fish"? Probably only know that as I like to fish and have been around the world a couple of times. Although, thinking about it, maybe the only time I've actually been in France was a short visit to French Guyana in South America.
Pillar of the Community
United States
755 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Makecents nailed it. Die Deterioration Doubling and if there's an RPM in there it's just not visible as such. And I don't speak much French but isn't grospoisson "big fish"? Probably only know that as I like to fish and have been around the world a couple of times. Although, thinking about it, maybe the only time I've actually been in France was a short visit to French Guyana in South America.

Yes it means Big Fish. Having lived in south Louisiana all my life we often throw in French phrases as part of our regular conversation. Being in the profession I am in, I often get asked " Hey coach are you catching any fish" and my standard answer is "only when I go" it generally takes a couple of seconds for them to catch on (LOL). Most of my friends from childhood would spend many weekends with their grandparents who only spoke french and they would unknowingly pick up a lot of french and to this day can still communicate in french as a second language. However I wasn't one who could speak french. I have picked up several phrases from time to time..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58734 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not DDD. It is not a single squeeze die. Just Machine Doubling. The date is also affected in the same direction. Note the bottom of the bust is also affected. Checking the other devices will show that it is not DDD as the devices are the left side of the coin will not show the direction towards the rim, but copies the same direction as the right side of the coins devices. Machine Doubling push/damage.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2004 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the heavy flow lines and obvious die wear, all around the perimeter, I would have to stick with my original assessment.

LINK https://www.error-ref.com/die-deter...ling-raised/

I'm only a novice, at best though, just plodding my way through this Coin World.
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
05/24/2022 8:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4462 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stick with my agreement with makecents as well.

And I love your "only when I go" response. I might have to steal that at some point as I do like to go fishing and people do ask. Thanks for the insight.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 417Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: