Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

19? Washington Quarter 7.5gms , Obverse And Reverse Are Facing Wrong Direction

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 443Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  03:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1821 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a piece of lead or other metal that someone impressed a real quarter into? What's the edge look like? Maybe an edge pic with a quarter beside it?
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19691 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That seems like a fair guess to me !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58102 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The directions and letters are all mirrored. (facing the wrong directions on both sides) Fake, not a mint error. If it is a clad planchet, it was used to be the victim of fraud to make it look like something it is not. (So if they can't find a mint error, then they will make it look like a mint error, when it is not)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vice job or something.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9158 Posts
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is a brockage error, what should the coin look like if a brockage would happen. I found it cleaning out my 90 year old uncles desk. Probably sat there for 50 years. I didn't fake it and I know he didn't fake it, but I guess it's definitely possible someone did prior to him owning the coin. I take a better Pic of the edge for the gentleman that asked
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1821 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Michael, if you can, have it beside another quarter and maybe a quarter on top of it too, with a shot straight down.

Quote:
What is a brockage error, what should the coin look like if a brockage would happen.
Not it.

LINK https://www.error-ref.com/brockage-...ped-filling/
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
05/24/2022 9:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Michael: Please look at your coin. you will see the head of the eagle on observe is opposite that the strike direction is, Same thing with Reverse: the head orientation is 180 deg opposite the strike coin. The 7.49 gr it is far to much then anything is test in the mint. your coin (I say coin because it is round like) seem someone press an quarter over on the both sides.

Quote:
Probably sat there for 50 years.
Yes in 1970's we do all sort of fake coins to be able to make an phone call. For me seem to be one of those pseudo phone call coin, the reason the companies change the system to read the coin.

Hope you understand well. In your place I will not look forward for this. Hope you find on that desk very nice and valuable ones. Good Luck.
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9158 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it is smaller in diameter than a quarter. I cannot see any copper core - so it is not a cladded object. Have you attempted a silver test to determine the metal content? Try a tissue test (it's the cheapest.)
Try this: (and please post the results you find as shown in the link below.)
https://www.coincommunity.com/colle...sue-test.asp
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't have a face tissue but the rare earth magnet slid off a clad coin with no pull while the coin in question has a slight pull but still slides off
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58102 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But the real deal would show a clad coin. No silver at the mint those years.

One side of a brockage coin would be normal:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68974 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great explanation from Dr. coop.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58102 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is probably squeezed with two coins to make it look like a mint error.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michael C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dr. COOP might be on to something because from these new Pics it clearly shows a clad coin

Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 443Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: