Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1945-2020 Victory Toonie Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 438Next Topic  

Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  08:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tdogg4280 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello again. I got this Toonie along with a colored one and noticed the indent or mark on the one with no color and wanted your opinions on what causes it, was it done post mint and would it add any extra value to the coin? Thanks again and sorry for the lighting on the 2 pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1626 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks like a strike-thru error to me...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3098 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like a stuck through to me as well and a fairly nice one. The photos didn't help on my little screen the rim looked a little off at first but that's because they punch the outer rim letters after the strike, I wonder if there might be a letter punched around the area of. The rim where the error occured, any chance of a shot of the rim in that location?
Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tdogg4280 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some pics of the edge of the coin.
Valued Member
Canada
123 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think its more a flaw planchet than a strick through. Because of the dign in the gauge.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3098 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think its more a flaw planchet than a strick through. Because of the dign in the gauge.

Tbh I would agree but since both the core and outer rim seem to be both effected in the same area it can't be a planchet flaw as the core and ring are seperate parts before the coin is struck together. Iv never seen such a dramatic stuck though with a toonie.

I was curiouser about the rim edge punching but it seems just slightly out if alignment from the struck through, if not I would imagine some of the metal would have been pushed into the event. Is the weight normal? If it's a struck through the weight should not off.
Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tdogg4280 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It weighs 6.98 Grams
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3098 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
then you have a very nice struck through error. Definately worth keeping in a 22. I'd like to hear a toonie expert's opinion on this and I think there are a few on here, I don't see toonie errors often.
Learn More...
Canada
10186 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice strike-through error. Easily worth $10, maybe a bit more.

Definitely one to keep.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3098 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be fairly high grade, with a mintage of 1 million I think it's a pretty cool error. Personally as I like struck through errors if I came across it I would happily pay 20$ but if I owned it I would hold onto it
Edited by Wrekkdd
05/24/2022 4:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1329 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one!
Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tdogg4280 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. I got the colored and uncolored versions of this coin as a set package together. They were advertised as "uncirculated" as well so I guess I lucked out.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 438Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: