Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Identifying 1793 Large Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 504Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  9:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can barely make out date beaded rim and high rounded bust has devices similar to strawberry leaf not saying it is ,it's the reason I'm asking for help.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69037 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beyond me, good luck!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4126 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a draped bust to me based on what little profile I can make out of the nose/lips/chin
Pillar of the Community
United States
8019 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  02:24 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Argument LOOK at the BUST also u will find a small leaf similar to an oak or maple just at the left foot of the T in cent. But the bow isn't right for strawberry #129764;

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3960 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the last photo says it all. Look at the NT in cent
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces16940.html
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree Kieth the reverse is all wrong for any known 1793 and no I'm not saying this is a new find what I am saying is the obverse is all wrong for a bust from where I sit. I'm seeing an obverse more like this one which I might just be seeing things lol

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3960 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now look at the forehead. This is a Draped Bust cent. IMHO
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10502 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's deja vu all over again....
1883-O Nut
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kieth If your referring to the forelock it isn't it's from another strike trust I looked hard and long at it for that reason but thanks anyway guess she's just a mystery, and no Dave It's not this is simply me trying to find out where she fits into the series so if you have nothing to contribute that will be of use feel free to pass my post by and offer what you can to someone else thanks
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10502 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Referring to this locked topic partner....http://goccf.com/t/419291
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
2205 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 out of 9 threads locked. Seems to be a pattern.
Pillar of the Community
United States
697 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Design is wrong for 1793 in my opinion. Way too worn and way to damaged to really give any assessment on grade/variety. I'm not seeing anything that remotely resembles date digits. Trying to make something out of nothing.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4126 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With all due respect @Spencer, why ask for our opinion? Seems the group is unanimous that this is a draped bust (because it is) and yet you still find it a "mystery". Word of advice if you are truly asking for advice with the intention of learning something. . . Keep an open mind.
Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a draped bust obverse, definitely wrong for a 1793.
Edited by lcutler
05/25/2022 5:46 pm
Learn More...
United States
23756 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Duplicate thread so going to lock this one. @spe, I think we've seen enough of this piece. I'm hoping you will post some other coin for subsequent threads. Thx.

Previous thread:
http://goccf.com/t/419291
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 504Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: