Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1955-S Lincoln End Roll Toner 2 - Grade It!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 378Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:51 pm Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think? Strange planchet flaw on the reverse.

Thanks gp!

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17470 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice red-brown Wheatie minus the cut on head . The reverse issue is a head scratcher .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2398 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bad, I think they will give you 65. Me I see an 66+ to 67 easy, but I just receive some coins and they grad in the way not to have more high grad.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69007 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-64RB. Is the reverse mark raised, I assume?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS65. It almost looks like a die gouge.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
8548 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If raised, good possibility it's a die gouge (meaning there should be more of these out there. Sure isn't a plating bubble!

For grade, I'm thinking MS65. Nice toning.
Valued Member
Australia
453 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65RB
Ride due west as the sun sets. Turn left at the Rocky Mountains.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12222 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if the obverse photo is correct for color I dont think this one will bring an RB designation. MS65+BN

to me it looks like the mark is recessed so I agree with Dave. looks like a die gouge
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a die gouge on the reverse, it's RAISED.

I like this coin as a 65RB but the TPG's would probably 64 it.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1176 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse spot may hold it to a 65, but may go 66 depending on how distracting the reverse spot is in hand, as far as color, I've seen full brown obverse red reverse coins go brown with PCGS on many occasions. If I didn't have nice 66bn and a 65bns for the date/mm I'd be begging you for this one! I dig it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1778 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  12:28 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, I thought it was a retained lamination peel. But the fact that it stops at the letters, and goes against the grain of the metal, I agree with a die gouge.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
depending on how distracting the reverse spot is in hand

Not at all distracting, it's toning, not carbon. IMO whatever toned the obverse bled over a bit there. You can see it better in the last pic, it has a few colors in it.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2856 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2022  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin! I'll join the MS-64 RB camp. I'm not usually a toning fan, but I really like this toning.
Valued Member
Germany
69 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SoundBeing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the toning. I'm gonna say 65RB.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23942 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2022  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice original MS-65RB.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 378Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: