Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Different. 1972 D Spike And Pre Cud.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 353Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1491 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  12:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just got this back from Cudsoncoins.
Another 2fer. This one listed as SKH-1c-1972D-23 and PC-1c-1972D-05R.
PC-04R and 05R are pretty close to each other.
Added pictures to show how close the crack travels from one end to the other but a little different.
Two different obverse and reverse dies.

Thank you all for letting me share.
Rob.

Edited by RobO411
06/14/2022 12:17 pm
Learn More...
United States
24281 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes those are very close @rob, but the pics help to make the differential diagnosis. Well done.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
2979 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice; and I like the color too

pictures are a little out of focus. I get better results using manual focus.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58911 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The images you provided on the reverse makes it look just like a die crack. But what you are missing if the rim area on the upper most part of the rim that is affected. That is the Retained cud area. Over the center of the 'M' on AMERICA. That is what we need to see closer. The rest is just a die crack. You can see the retained area on that upper area.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70481 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice close-ups and congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10471 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1491 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.
@levelsofmadnes. Lol. I'm a little out of focus all the time. I use a iPhone 6 for pictures. The pictures turn out so so until after I enlarge the picture to show those close ups.
Coop I'll send pictures of that area.
Edited by RobO411
06/14/2022 4:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1491 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop. Are these ok?

Edited by RobO411
06/15/2022 10:06 am
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2038 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, congrats on another nice twofer! I really like the pre-cud, very unusual.
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58911 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It show better on the full image, than it does on the close ups. Maybe a side by side of the area, and the close up might show this even better.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 353Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: