Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1959-D Lincoln RPM #5. I Never Dreamed I Would Find One Sideways

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 387Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
758 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  2:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I thought this RPM was sweet so I posted for others to see. Also, to double check as to whether I am correct. Strange things are happening since this is the 5th RPM I have found while searching a roll when it was in the first 5 coins I searched in that roll (if I remember correctly I didn't find another one in the other rolls LOL). I am sure I jinxed myself since I have not searched the remaining coins in that roll. Please let me know if I did this one right. Especially Dearborn since he has been patiently and religiously helping me through these.
Edited by grospoisson
06/22/2022 2:36 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find and the coin looks to be in excellent condition as well.

Agree that it's most likely RPM-005, which is actually a tripled RPM, with the split serifs visible distinguishing the first D and the second D and then a third punch southwest of the first two.

What I think you're seeing as indicative of a sideways MM is actually the upper left corner of the D, rather than the lower left corner, so the mark has been moved slightly down and to the left, but not rotated.

VV has some really good shots if this RPM:

http://www.varietyvista.com/02b%20L...9DRPM005.htm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2978 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like RPM-005 to me too

congratulations
an excellent RPM
Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here are two more of the RPM's (five in all). I took pics of the die scratch in Y of LIBERTY and the column on reverse, seems to fit Stage B or C
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Learn More...
United States
24271 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done @gros—a nice find.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58884 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some Memorial RPMs that are really different looking:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 387Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: