Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are There Any Mercury Dime Collectors Out There Or Are They Almost Non Existent

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 2,930Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12324 Posts
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've been collecting Mercury dimes pretty exclusively for several years now!

Quote:
I have an 'almost' complete set of Merc dimes myself. At some point, I need to get them photographed.
Same and Same. Just got "the big one" left. But I have to admit, mine are not much to look at. Pedestrian at best.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is my set.

I even have a few slabbed and several rolls

So Yes a few of us like Mercury dimes

Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11342 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The very first US coin I ever got was this 1942-D dime. It was in a tobacco tin of miscellaneous foreign and obsolete coins that my parents had saved and which they gave me when I started collecting during the run-up to Decimalisation. I have always liked the design and would love to complete my set at some stage: at present, I am just picking them up here and there when I find one in a dealer's junk tray. They quite often turn up in the UK - I daresay some were left behind by GIs during World War II:

Edited by NumisRob
10/03/2022 2:31 pm
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The very first US coin I ever got was this 1942-D dime...
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12324 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1118 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guilty, at last count I had somewhere over 6,000 Mercury dimes. I didn't hoard them, just accumulated buying 90% silver, used to always sell my Roosevelt dimes.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Guilty, at last count I had somewhere over 6,000 Mercury dimes.

Quote:
I didn't hoard them, just accumulated buying 90% silver, used to always sell my Roosevelt dimes.
Sounds plausible.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4612 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a complete collection of Mercuries, except the rare one. I am not looking for the last one, nor am I making serious efforts to upgrade. However, I quite like the design. They are plentiful in Canada.
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a half full album, no keys or semi keys. I have the 2016 Mercury dime if that counts. Just not one of my favorite designs which is odd considering the Standing quarter & Walking Liberty halves are some of my favorites. I used to have a couple rolls but unfortunately sold them before the spike.
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, Coins & the CCF what could be better?
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 2,930Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: