Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1930-D Lincoln Cent For Grading

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,005Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1248 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  11:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Cracked from an old small anacs slab.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70434 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-65. Hard to call the color - looks RB in one set, BN in the other.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1248 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In hand I think it leans more bn than rb, though it was designated rb in the old anacs slab, it possibly darkened in the old holder though as well.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24588 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS-65BN to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2439 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65 BN
Pillar of the Community
United States
8988 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64 for me. Nice, small blivot on easternmost edge of the obverse rim.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18068 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, 65BN
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17785 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also at 65BN though I'd like to point out a few things . Obverse is sharp but a scratch on forehead . Reverse is also sharp , a couple of scratches between C & E , a couple of tiny hits , 335% weak rim . I'm loving the untouched O of ONE and sharp wheat lines .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18068 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm loving the untouched O of ONE and sharp wheat lines .

The reverse is MDS, they probably had the machine pressures turned up to punch out decent coins - that coin is hammered for the issue. You can see the ONE CENT device edges are a bit fuzzy, the stretch lines above EPU give away the die state fade.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
06/26/2022 11:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous color combinations!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12606 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS65+BN

obverse strike is quite nice. the clean shoulder and lapel along with the bowtie separation from the lapel could push this 66
Pillar of the Community
United States
1248 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANACS had it at 66rb, but I believe the coin has darkened in the old holder and will go bn by today's standards for sure.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
18068 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Real nice example!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1248 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BadThad, I know you're a toner guy as well.

This set is a challenge to say the least, in gem bn.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12606 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but I believe the coin has darkened in the old holder

good chance of this. also your slab photo shows a coin with more red than your original post. if I saw that I would have called it RB
Pillar of the Community
United States
1248 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the grading lately I think it'll go bn at PCGS, they've really gotten strict.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,005Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: