Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Differences Found On 2017A $50 Notes From Fort Worth

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 951Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good Information Since this is the first series of $50 I was aware of (that you now have confirmed) seen with large plate numbers, it still remains to be known if the larger fonts will carry any premium value or worthwhile to hold onto. Uploading the photos with the plate numbers of the bills found with larger fonts, and also small fonts found in the blocks known to have larger fonts in them also to this thread may help give more information also.

I was aware of the 2006 $20 but had not looked into the more recent bills yet after reading the article and its interesting you note they also have some known to carry both font sizes. It would appear with the $20 bills that since they are being found in several series and therefore not uncommon they probably dont carry any added value on its own. However you could start a new thread asking to upload photos of large/small fonts of the $20 bill with some examples for these series and a repost of what you just mentioned here if you would like to try to further the information known about them with the communities help or just then point them to report to uspapermoney. This thread can remain for the 2017a $50s only.
Edited by datadragon
06/30/2022 10:14 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
usapapermoney.info mentions the font size differences for the $20, but does not yet do so for the $50
http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f2017al.html
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I gave USPaperMoney the updated info so far on the 2017a $50 and had previously sent some of it to a CoinWorld editor so I'll post if there are any further updates from their end to me at some point, especially on value as I'm sure most will want to know if this is something worth holding onto or just for additional information such as USPaperMoney has so far with the $20s.

It says Note that while other denominations have been printed on the SOI presses, for some reason only the $20's have used the enlarged face plate numbers. So we are dealing with only $20s and this one series of 2017a $50.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2022  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found two new to the table: BB block, one with small digits, one large, I've added them to the table below.

Table of Plate Number Sizes found for $50 Series 2017A
Refer to plate number digits at upper right corner of front of note
Pairs of letters below represent district and printing block
sm = small, lg = large

AA sm
BA sm, B* sm, BB sm lg
CA lg
DA lg, DB sm
EA sm, EB sm
FA sm lg, FB sm
GA sm lg
HA
IA sm
JA sm
KA lg
LA sm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found an EA block example with large digits, now added to the table below.

Table of Plate Number Sizes found for $50 Series 2017A
Refer to plate number digits at upper right corner of front of note
Pairs of letters below represent district and printing block
sm = small, lg = large

AA sm
BA sm, B* sm, BB sm lg
CA lg
DA lg, DB sm
EA sm lg, EB sm
FA sm lg, FB sm
GA sm lg
HA
IA sm
JA sm
KA lg
LA sm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 951Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: