Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old-Ish Original Bank Sealed Rolls Of Cents

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 649Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
291 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  03:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Greetings, community.
Due to a special event, I came in possession of multiple original bank boxes of cents, approximately dating back to the early 2010's. Multiple boxes are stamped with a inspection stamp dating 04/02/2012. End coins of rolls contained within said boxes display an large amount of copper cents, and wheat cents with the oldest dating 1910.
The boxes themselves are in sorry state due to transportation and storage in the past decade, however the rolls are in pristine condition, unharmed by the elements. I do understand that these rolls currently carry little to none additional value, but would hate to see decade-old rolls opened.
I here ask the community on their opinions about what is their course of action for these said boxes of of cents.

Any and all opinions/suggestions welcomed and appreciated.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45685 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would open then and look for errors and varieties as well as high grades.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add I6609 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would do the same as John 1 it would be a little work but may be a good reward in that pile of cents somewhere good luck
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  05:46 am  Show Profile   Check bugil46's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would open carefully. Save rolls.
Could be treasure inside.
Sounds like a fantastic selection to search.

Pillar of the Community
United States
798 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, good luck with your search results.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70091 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, might as well have a look.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17729 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes open all of them you never know what you'll find inside .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Learn More...
United States
39148 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  11:51 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Due to a special event, I came in possession of
Curiosity has me. What special event?
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Learn More...
United States
114610 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Interesting, good luck with your search results.
Valued Member
United States
291 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The special event is that a member of our local coin club has unfortunately passed away, he willed for his collection to be liquidated by the coin club.
I volunteer at a local coin shop which has very close relations with the coin club, so they started to sell parts of his collection at our shop. The collection is mainly cents, they brought in/sold at least 50,000 wheat cents just yesterday. Along with the wheat cents, there's these boxes of cents.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10251 Posts
Valued Member
United States
291 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I opened one of the rolls for sampling purposes, I found 3 shield cents and 17 copper cents, I'd say that's a good ratio.
I would update the community with my finds if I ever decided to search through the rolls.
Learn More...
United States
114610 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i could not stop myself, I would have to open!!!!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 649Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: