Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1964 P Lincoln Cent - Opinions Please. SMS?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 815Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45852 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10452 Posts
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I think most newer people who come to a thread like this and the original poster are very grateful when others like Coop share great info like that on how to identify a coin they think might be a variety (or error) as its certainly possible with many to actually find them, but it just appears that this coin may be a unicorn as far as finding in circulation more copies than what is out there already and to keep that in mind for this specific coin. If the coin was in an estate collection of a mint employee perhaps more likely.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58856 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scary:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1105 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And to think she gave the orders in writing to all 3 mints not to strike mintmarks into any coinage for 3 years 1965 1966 1967 then quietly received 30 THIRITY! 1964 SMS sets on the official lowdown (and thats about a shoebox full folks) walked right out the massive front doors, those long granite steps clipclop clipclop , got in her Ford Falcon and drove right out the gates. Beautiful man beautiful...and keep them in the closet for what? 45 years or so. Graft, pilfering, or just an act of appreciation...maybe she simply hated to see these melted. Nobody knows but her family I suppose? and as I dug up everything on the webb regarding these well other than a brief couple of paragraphs auction sales don't elaborate. The only bright spot i.m.o. was the original auctions and they didn't go for princely sums...alot of people did have a crack at them and so there out there, their i.m.o. way way underrated probably one of the top 5 mint mysteries and so I conclude with "I'm sorta glad the O`L battle axe saved them. From what I read she gave out as much HE-double hockey sticks to her detractors as they gave her the mint should put her on the Quarter I mean she did more positive service to government than about 90% of the cartoon heros we enshrine.
Yes, I would trade my Jon boat with merc 4hp outbard, all the poles and tackle, life vests and cooler for a NGC certified 1964 SMS cent. I stopped dogging on her estate sale 1964 SMS sets because well I kinda like her so thats it for my Ed Howe editorial commentaries from the central Kansas plains, happy 4th of July.
Edited by luvmyCAM
07/02/2022 9:16 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 815Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: